Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T shirt run yes, but also visiting kids, grand kids, celebrating birthdays etc.. 4500 miles, 17 states. Weather was hot and sticky for the most part. I hit a little rain and even some nickel size hail south of Trinidad, Co. Bike ran great.

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice trip! Mine would be a little farther maybe from Philadelphia to Seattle. Be a long ride for sure. I'd have to get an oil change somewhere in the mix haha. But I think expensive with lodging and stuff kinda of talked to my family back home about it, but it's a back burner thing for now til the virus climate slows down. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow. How often do you do that?!? Here the Wife and I are giving ourselves virtual "high fives" because we both road 5 hours ..... lol

·
Rider
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. How often do you do that?!? Here the Wife and I are giving ourselves virtual "high fives" because we both road 5 hours ..... lol
Hey I’m an old retired guy with nothing better to do. I’ve got kids in Louisville, Ky and Wilmington NC so it’s kind of my mission to make it out there lol. I had one in Huntington Beach Ca but he moved back to Wyoming 2 years. ago. I still make it out to the west coast though. This is the 13th consecutive year I’ve been able to ride coast to coast. My wife will ride part way sometime but not this year. I must rat myself out : We were in Scottsdale Az in June. Looking for her nieces house in a new residential area outside of town. No paved streets just sand. I ended up hitting a soft spot and laid the bike down.I was only doing 5mph or so no damage to the bike but the wife’s foot got caught under the passenger running board. We were hoping it was just sprained but ended up a hairline fracture above the ankle. She got stuck in a boot and had to fly home. We were planning on riding over to the coast and up to Portland. I cut it short but still ran over to So Cal.

Reactions: PE4CE and Usafle

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That’s the way to roll ! We did 6600 in 15 days last summer. On one of my 2 weekers so much to see but not enuff time. That changes tho retired in 29 days. Adios Chicago hello Arizona !

·
Rider
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s the way to roll ! We did 6600 in 15 days last summer. On one of my 2 weekers so much to see but not enuff time. That changes tho retired in 29 days. Adios Chicago hello Arizona !
Congrats, I retired in 2015. That summer I racked up 20k miles. I shoot for 15k or so. This trip 4500 miles but out of the 12 days 7 I actually rode. I left Wilmington NC last Friday and got home Monday. I took the long way home 2300 thru miles Texas. I averaged around 600 miles per day.A 5 month riding season is a stretch out here in Wyoming.

Reactions: Hairy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts