Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 15k miles my factory E3's are shot. I had MCII's on my chief and loved them, are those the tire of choice on the RM as well?

·
Rider
1,097 Posts
Since E3's are no longer available I went with the newer E4's. Best mileage I ever got out of a pair of tires on my two Indians

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
The new E4`s have great reviews ,but really it comes back to how much you like them or want too pay. You will always get pluses and minuses about one brand or another so relay all you can do it a lot of research and make up your mind.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone been able to touch the new Pirelli Night Dragon GT Radial Rear tire 160-60r-16. I have the 70 on my wing and I really love this tire. All ways good ride and miles on the tire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have 49k miles on my 2015 RM and have had 2 sets of MCIIs and now have E4s. Currently at 7k on the E4s. Both handle equaly well. The MCIIs both sets cupped, 1st set with tire pressure at recommended 36/41 I got about 15k with noticeable cupping vibration in turns. 2nd set MCIIs I upped the pressure to 39F and 44R and I got 17K before identical cupping. I believe MCIIs are fantastic tires but RMs are very heavy thus shortening the life expectancy of the softer MCIIs. The E4s have a harder compound center tire and so far no hint of cupping. Time will tell.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,330 Posts
I currently have 20k on the E4's I put on last year. There is very little cupping but it is about time for new tires. I have a 2015 RM and keep the rear at 42 and front at 38 and I usually check the tire pressure a couple times a week. The E4's are a really good all around tire and will go with them again.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put MCII's on my RM and they feel great. Have about 5K on them now. I put E4's on my wife's Chieftain and they feel better the the stock E3's. Time will tell on longevity...

·
Banned
575 Posts
It is imperative that the tires you run are compatible with the engine oil and the muffler bearing. Just say’in!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
At 15k miles my factory E3's are shot. I had MCII's on my chief and loved them, are those the tire of choice on the RM as well?
20190903_154548.jpg

94 West at 364 Merge. Next to Plaza Tire 94. Stopped in this afternoon. See John, the owner and Chief wrench.

Wait til you see the customs inside. Also Alien sidecar is available. Lol.

https://www.alllubedupcycles.com/

·
Silver member
4,812 Posts
I got about 13K on my E3 rear tire. My front was fine. I had to change them both though since I had a road staple puncture my tire in Colorado last year.

I am now at 12K on my E4 tires. It appears the rear tire has many more mile to go so I am expecting more like 18-20K on the E4. I like them just fine. They tracked a little funny and were very sensitive on grooved paving at first, but once the broke-in and I got used to the handling I am pretty satisfied. And I do lean mine over hard in the corners so they seem adequate on the "sticky" issue.

Granted, they are not sticky like Avons or sticky like Michelins, but I don't want to change tires at 8-10K every time either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I only got 9500 out of my factory tires, I put commanders on my roadmaster and am very happy 3500 on so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts