Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a slightly used base Challenger about 4 months ago, the previous owner had already installed several accessories including a Stage 1 intake. Now I'd like to replace the stock exhaust. Seems like the favorites among this group seem to be the TAB performance and Rinehart exhaust. Replacing the exhaust I assume will require a remapping of the ECU? I'm leaning toward the TAB exhaust, does replacing the mid pipe make much difference? Interested to hear what others have done to their Challengers. Hear is kind of what I'm looking for. I live in a private campground, so I don't want it to be too loud at the low revs. I don't want ear bleeding loud at freeway speeds, but I want a nice rumble, and a nice growl when switching gears. Maybe a little extra performance wouldn't hurt, although I'm already pretty happy with it. Or maybe just the Indian Stage 1 exhaust fits my needs?? Anyway like to hear your thoughts, Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,108 Posts
I'm in the Rinehart camp. There was a youtube video RidingFish did that had 3 different exhausts in the same video and I like the sound of the Rineharts the best. If you want to have options, TAB seems to be the choice. (Zombies vs 2.5's seem to be the most popular.) The Rineharts are deeper sounding and lest raspy than the TABs but are quieter. Mine have gotten a little louder than when they were first installed and I'm pretty happy with them. I have no idea how they sound when you by because that would require letting someone else ride my bike!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I'm in the Rinehart camp. There was a youtube video RidingFish did that had 3 different exhausts in the same video and I like the sound of the Rineharts the best. If you want to have options, TAB seems to be the choice. (Zombies vs 2.5's seem to be the most popular.) The Rineharts are deeper sounding and lest raspy than the TABs but are quieter. Mine have gotten a little louder than when they were first installed and I'm pretty happy with them. I have no idea how they sound when you by because that would require letting someone else ride my bike!

I have found Rinehart to be a good quality exhaust and used them on several makes I like it's deep tone without being overly loud .. Noise does not mean Power .. Used to be a V&H fan but after twice experienced a drop in their quality have decided Rinehart or Freedom Performance Pipes are the way to go .. Not an Indian Ride, but these Freedom True Duals lasted close to 5 Years and 80,000 Miles on my 2012 Victory XC before trading it in on my 2017 Chieftain DH and they still looked and sounded new .. This Picture was taken the day before trading it ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts