Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster Blue Slate Smoke/Black Smoke
55 Posts
Very nice thread Jim, I've been following for a while and would like to say I'm impressed with your perseverance.

You had an idea and went for it. When obstacles and hardship blocked your way, you found a solution. I also like that you didn't hide the fact that sometimes you were ready to give up but with time and support you moved forward, while acknowledging the help you received. The majority of the time failure comes from within and our inability to be flexible in our goals, just speaking from personal experience ;) .

I look forward to reading about your trip but would suggest continuing it here and not starting a new thread seeing as it is the culmination of the journey.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2016 RoadMaster with TRiO
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Did our first real trip with both the trailer and bike. Freedom Shields is about 90 minutes from where we live and decided to make a day of it. Drove up to Pine, Colorado and met by the owner, John Lauk. The stock windscreen on my 2016 RoadMaster is 15" high and felt that I would like some better wind coverage with the screen all the way up. John put on a 16" demo screen and we took a drive down a very scenic, twisty mountain road to a road stop called Deckers Corner, which caters to bikers and fishermen. As usual, all kinds of bikes there but everyone wanted to see what the heck this one was. Most were those that rode those screaming ninja type bikes and how fast they can take those corners.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Really getting the hang of driving this thing by myself and definitely improving with my passenger. It was an almost perfect trip, there are still times I struggle making a decision between going fast enough in slow turns to keep the tilt lock off using my balance and just going slow and allow the tiltlock do its job. When I'm in-between like that, tend to mash on the brake to get the tilt to lock up and throwing poor Sandy forward. Once again, she takes it in stride saying,"Wouldn't be a trip if you didn't do that at least once". I know that will improve with time, each trip we take gets further and better. The important thing is I am now safely operating this TRiO.

Driving back to Pine, moved the 16" Freedom screen up and down, felt like it was blocking plenty all the way up (I'm 5'10") and could use a bit more air when all the way down. Told John wanted a 15" screen and he said they only come in 2" increments. 14" was going to be too low so we settled on the 16".

John putting on some weather strip, he has found that sometimes air flows under the windscreen and whistles. We did put some painter tape behind those nuts, as many can attest, you don't want those to fall down into the bike whilst changing the windscreen, you'll never find them. If you're thinking of getting a different windscreen, John and the team at Freedom are a delight to work with!
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Fuel tank

Want to mention about trailering since bringing it back from Eugene. Loaded up fine, trailer was slightly downhill meaning was having to pull uphill to get the bike out of the chocks. Was difficult, pull-brake-pull-brake-pull-brake-pull and finally comes out. We've talked about the pivot point on these Condor chocks and had previously moved it one forward so the front wheels were not resting on the floor. Went ahead and moved the pivot point one more forward (as fas as it goes) and rises the front tyres a little more but not so much it comes out on its own. Now I need to pull-brake-pull and we're out.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tried my new Strapinno straps. Had a similar type of ratchet straps that were not retractable, 10' in length that I used when we brought it back from Eugene. Every time we stopped, I checked the bike and had to tighten the straps. Looking at others who reviewed this brand, and other types, this is a common problem, straps working loose. Some recommended Strapinno. These 6' retractable straps were a snap to put into place with the shorter length & retractable within itself and stayed tight the entire trip.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

I'm going to take wojo10's advice (and thank you for the encouragement) and keep our Route 66 trip on this tread. He is correct, that was always the goal we set out from the start.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Had the chance to do a few days with the new 16" windscreen and convinced myself that I might like the next size down of 14". Decided to just go for it and ordered a 14" and if I don't like it can return if you don't pull off the protective covering. The next day, did a short ride wearing my 3/4 open face helmet and had too much wind. I am now comfortable with my decision with the 16" and will leave it like that and cancelled the order.

Been dragging my feet getting a new back tyre, when I had the bike in for its first service at the Indian dealer, they ended up dropping the bike. As I've mentioned before, you don't really 'drop' as the TRiO keeps it at 45 deg but does scrape the inside front fender. Having already damaged the fenders myself, no harm, no foul BUT since my return from Eugene with everything repaired, was really concerned turning the bike over to them, really don't want to have fenders repaired yet again.

I expressed my concerns to the service writer, Connor, asking if I could speak with whomever was going to move/work on the bike. Connor said I could drive it into the shop myself. We got it in there and the service mechanic, Brendon, wanted to leave the TRiO on and just lift the backend. Was leery about that and contacted the designer of the TRiO, Bob Mighell to get his opinion, I was more concerned about the battery running down. Bob said it can run for hours off the battery but lifting either end with the TRiO on is not a good idea. Whilst the TRiO is on, it is continuously attempting to level the front end to the horizon. When we started to lift the back end, the TRiO thought the bike was leaning and started to lift the right wheel, unbalancing the bike. We lowered the bike, put a scissor lift under it, blocked the front tyres and, once the lift in contact, turned off the TRiO and everything was fine. Really appreciated the maintenance staff at Pikes Peak Indian listening to my concerns and learning how to deal with this TRiO equipped bike to perform service.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

The temp got up to 91 and got to try out my made for hot weather Air Rider Mesh Armored Shirt. As the company who makes it states, "The Road Armor® Air Rider™ shirt combines all the functionality of a mesh jacket yet is engineered in the style of popular over shirts, all this while never compromising safety. A full Tuff Mesh® outer shell allows for optimal airflow, cooling down the body on those hot summer rides." Have to say, the thing really does work, was much cooler with this shirt instead of just a regular shirt I had been wearing when hot. I did not feel comfortable not having proper protection with a plain shirt and this does the trick.
Shirt Sleeve Cap Collar Plaid

That should be the end of maintenance and modifications until the Route 66 trip this fall, perhaps give it a 5,000 mile maintenance before we go. Now our task is for the two of us to get out and gain experience, oh the things we have to suffer, eh?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Had the chance to do a few days with the new 16" windscreen and convinced myself that I might like the next size down of 14". Decided to just go for it and ordered a 14" and if I don't like it can return if you don't pull off the protective covering. The next day, did a short ride wearing my 3/4 open face helmet and had too much wind. I am now comfortable with my decision with the 16" and will leave it like that and cancelled the order.

Been dragging my feet getting a new back tyre, when I had the bike in for its first service at the Indian dealer, they ended up dropping the bike. As I've mentioned before, you don't really 'drop' as the TRiO keeps it at 45 deg but does scrape the inside front fender. Having already damaged the fenders myself, no harm, no foul BUT since my return from Eugene with everything repaired, was really concerned turning the bike over to them, really don't want to have fenders repaired yet again.

I expressed my concerns to the service writer, Connor, asking if I could speak with whomever was going to move/work on the bike. Connor said I could drive it into the shop myself. We got it in there and the service mechanic, Brendon, wanted to leave the TRiO on and just lift the backend. Was leery about that and contacted the designer of the TRiO, Bob Mighell to get his opinion, I was more concerned about the battery running down. Bob said it can run for hours off the battery but lifting either end with the TRiO on is not a good idea. Whilst the TRiO is on, it is continuously attempting to level the front end to the horizon. When we started to lift the back end, the TRiO thought the bike was leaning and started to lift the right wheel, unbalancing the bike. We lowered the bike, put a scissor lift under it, blocked the front tyres and, once the lift in contact, turned off the TRiO and everything was fine. Really appreciated the maintenance staff at Pikes Peak Indian listening to my concerns and learning how to deal with this TRiO equipped bike to perform service.
View attachment 689150
The temp got up to 91 and got to try out my made for hot weather Air Rider Mesh Armored Shirt. As the company who makes it states, "The Road Armor® Air Rider™ shirt combines all the functionality of a mesh jacket yet is engineered in the style of popular over shirts, all this while never compromising safety. A full Tuff Mesh® outer shell allows for optimal airflow, cooling down the body on those hot summer rides." Have to say, the thing really does work, was much cooler with this shirt instead of just a regular shirt I had been wearing when hot. I did not feel comfortable not having proper protection with a plain shirt and this does the trick.
View attachment 689156
That should be the end of maintenance and modifications until the Route 66 trip this fall, perhaps give it a 5,000 mile maintenance before we go. Now our task is for the two of us to get out and gain experience, oh the things we have to suffer, eh?
My wallet hates you, so much... [clicks on link to order Air Ride Mesh Shirt]...

Also, while I am fascinated to read about your TMW adventures, I sincerely hope that I am never in a position to have to give up two wheels.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
When I picked up the IronHorse Trailer, they had installed the two chocks but we left the spare tyre, which is mounted in the front, off as we did not know if the bike would be too long and not leave enough room for the spare tyre. Had my friend come over and measured not once, not twice, but nineteen hundred and one times and looked like it would just fit. Drilled two holes in the floor and mounted the bracket and then the tyre to the bracket.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting

Note the silver plate behind the tyre, that connects the top, which is up at the moment, to the base. That plate will move forward, toward the tyre as you close the top. This is the amount of space we have with the top closed. Couple of centimeters to spare, pun intended.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Tread

Of course the real question is how much space to the front fender? Plenty.
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Now it is out of the way where it belongs and not taking up garage space.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Have a few updates with our progress towards getting ready for Route 66. First on the learning front, sometimes ride by myself, practicing turning, stop & go traffic, roundabouts and so on. I try out different ways of turning from a stop such as angling the bike so it is in the direction I want to go. The trick is doing that smoothly as you're coming to the stop and the TRiO starts to take over. Doing pretty good by myself, but not quite ready to do it with Sandy on the back.
Rectangle Grey Font Fixture Parallel

I usually go early in the morning whists cool and the wind is down which means I stop at doughnut places and it's beginning to become a weighty problem.
Tire Wheel Building Automotive tire Automotive lighting

We did our longest ride yet to the big town of Limon, 128 km (80 mi) East of us. I'm getting a lot better trying to relax and not hold a tight grip on those handlebars causing us to meander all over the road. Those 32kph (20mph) winds blowing from the side off the open plains didn't help. As always, whenever we stop people come up curious about this funny looking bike and many ask if they can take a picture. Hmmm, perhaps I should start to charge like those people that dress up as super heroes on the Vegas strip.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

I know that 80 miles is not much, but for us it is another step forward in our progress. We also get out hitting county and state roads around us.

A major change in our plans, we dumped EagleRider as the tour group. From the very start, they never made me feel welcomed to both bringing my own bike, much less an Indian. They made great pains to say that if I break down, I'm on my own. What finally turned me off, they refused to return my calls or e-mails, went completely silent and I'm talking over several months of trying to get ahold of them (by them, the tour side, the selling side answers before the phone finishes the first ring).

I was willing to drop EagleRider as I found another guided motorcycle tour operator, Ride Free, run by Wil Sakowski, who owns a Classic Car and Motorcycle Hot Rod Shop and Dealership, Sakowski Motors. I sent a website inquiry and, even though Wil was just starting with a Route 66 group and very busy, he responded that evening saying he got my inquiry, told me why he was busy and when he would be able to spend time with me. He sold me by just doing that.

After finishing with his tour, we did chat and he was quite happy to have us bring our own bike and supports everyone. What is really a great selling feature of his tours, they are small groups, usually around 8 vice the 20 in EagleRider. He also takes more days to travel meaning you stop more often and don't drive as far each day. They also stay at smaller, family owned, motels. As to having an Indian, take a look at what one of his tour guides drives.
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

What is really wild, he has a tour starting from Chicago at the same time the EagleRider tour we originally booked which is perfect as we had our housesitter booked then. The tour is actually the full Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica and when I asked if we could end in Santa Fe, it was 'No Problem'. When I asked if I could bring my bike up to Chicago a week early and then we can fly up with our luggage, it was 'we'll work it out'.

Check out my beauty shots on the June Ride of the Month and, if you like, give it a thumbs up.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH
25 Posts
Did our first real trip with both the trailer and bike. Freedom Shields is about 90 minutes from where we live and decided to make a day of it. Drove up to Pine, Colorado and met by the owner, John Lauk. The stock windscreen on my 2016 RoadMaster is 15" high and felt that I would like some better wind coverage with the screen all the way up. John put on a 16" demo screen and we took a drive down a very scenic, twisty mountain road to a road stop called Deckers Corner, which caters to bikers and fishermen. As usual, all kinds of bikes there but everyone wanted to see what the heck this one was. Most were those that rode those screaming ninja type bikes and how fast they can take those corners.
View attachment 687976
View attachment 687977
Really getting the hang of driving this thing by myself and definitely improving with my passenger. It was an almost perfect trip, there are still times I struggle making a decision between going fast enough in slow turns to keep the tilt lock off using my balance and just going slow and allow the tiltlock do its job. When I'm in-between like that, tend to mash on the brake to get the tilt to lock up and throwing poor Sandy forward. Once again, she takes it in stride saying,"Wouldn't be a trip if you didn't do that at least once". I know that will improve with time, each trip we take gets further and better. The important thing is I am now safely operating this TRiO.

Driving back to Pine, moved the 16" Freedom screen up and down, felt like it was blocking plenty all the way up (I'm 5'10") and could use a bit more air when all the way down. Told John wanted a 15" screen and he said they only come in 2" increments. 14" was going to be too low so we settled on the 16".

John putting on some weather strip, he has found that sometimes air flows under the windscreen and whistles. We did put some painter tape behind those nuts, as many can attest, you don't want those to fall down into the bike whilst changing the windscreen, you'll never find them. If you're thinking of getting a different windscreen, John and the team at Freedom are a delight to work with!
View attachment 687983
View attachment 687984
Want to mention about trailering since bringing it back from Eugene. Loaded up fine, trailer was slightly downhill meaning was having to pull uphill to get the bike out of the chocks. Was difficult, pull-brake-pull-brake-pull-brake-pull and finally comes out. We've talked about the pivot point on these Condor chocks and had previously moved it one forward so the front wheels were not resting on the floor. Went ahead and moved the pivot point one more forward (as fas as it goes) and rises the front tyres a little more but not so much it comes out on its own. Now I need to pull-brake-pull and we're out.
View attachment 687985
Tried my new Strapinno straps. Had a similar type of ratchet straps that were not retractable, 10' in length that I used when we brought it back from Eugene. Every time we stopped, I checked the bike and had to tighten the straps. Looking at others who reviewed this brand, and other types, this is a common problem, straps working loose. Some recommended Strapinno. These 6' retractable straps were a snap to put into place with the shorter length & retractable within itself and stayed tight the entire trip.
View attachment 687986
I'm going to take wojo10's advice (and thank you for the encouragement) and keep our Route 66 trip on this tread. He is correct, that was always the goal we set out from the start.
Fascinating thread - appreciate you documenting it in so much detail here! You mention in this blog that they added weather stripping to reduce whistling, where did he apply the stripping? I have that very issue and would love to address it correctly!

Regards - DBP

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jim,

I was wondering, did the weather stripping dampen the windshield rattle slightly? I know it wouldn't stop it but might make it less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
To be honest, I never had windshield rattle either with the original stock screen without weather stripping or the new Freedom screen with weather stripping. That was never an issue with me.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Roadmaster / 2010 KM Vintage
2,432 Posts
I found the rattle to originate in the mechanism - at least on my wife's Chieftain. Adding a couple of plastic washers helped.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was only curious, since I see many complaining about it but haven't experienced it myself. The shield does bounce a little when hitting a pothole but that is to be expected when you have a large piece of plastic attached at one end to two small arms while the other end is under load from the wind.

I'm going to look at the whole system closer and might try the washers Wharf Rat suggested to see how much of a difference, if any, it makes.

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
224 Posts
Two random thoughts I'm having as I read this thread:

First, I notice you bought your Roadmaster here in Sioux Falls. That's my hometown, so it's cool to have that connection with your story.

Second, I purchased my Roadmaster used from an older gentleman that stated "The only reason I'm selling this bike is because I've had too many birthdays." He too no longer felt comfortable balancing on two wheels when his wife was riding with him, and decided it was time to move to a trike. In his case he decided to purchase a brand new Harley CVO trike rather than convert the Indian. This worked out for me as it meant the motorcycle he had babied since new was now available for me to enjoy. Perhaps one day I'll be in the same situation and move to a trike as well.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
I know I have bounced around concerning the Route 66 trip, making it a separate thread, but just had some service done at the dealership getting ready for the trip and it all ties back to my experience with the TRiO. I am going to just keep everything in one place and continue on with this thread, posting more stories from the 2-wheel front (pun intended) guaranteed to help you fall asleep on those restless nights.

Next weekend, will trailer the bike up to Chicago to a staging area, dropping it off until the two of us fly in the following week. Time to get whatever maintenance we want done. We're at 14,200 miles and told Steven, the Service Specialist at Pikes Peak Indian, wanted to go ahead with the 15,000 mile maintenance besides, was getting the CHANGE OIL NOW!! message every time I started up. Yes, there is a lot of maintenance I could do on my own, such as oil change, but I have developed a relationship with the maintenance team at Pikes Peak, in particular, willing to put up with my babying the bike. The first time I brought the bike in for 10,000 maintenance, they dropped the bike. Fortunately, this was not an issue as I had done that plenty learning how to not only ride again but using the TRiO and even the Ride like a Pro instructor dropped it the first time he tried it. Since having all the damage repaired earlier this year back in Eugene, I've not dropped the bike (knock on wood) and getting very comfortable riding not only the bike but using the TRiO. In fact, when I first was learning, kept the TRiO system off but now it's on all the time and becoming second nature to ride like it was a regular two wheel bike and enjoy holding us up when going slow.

The maintenance team is all too willing to be accommodating, allowed me to drive the bike into the shop and getting it set up, also when they are done, they have me drive it out. I am extremely appreciative of their understanding and working with me. Steven said that 15,000 would just mean an oil change since that includes re-packing the front fork oil, but that was replaced with the TRiO suspension. I told them to inspect the bike and make it ready for a Route 66 trip whilst I waited in the showroom. After awhile, Steven comes out and says the front brake fluid is 4% contaminated (water), anything above 3% is not considered safe, sure go ahead and change that out. Still later, he comes out with my stock air intake and filter, quite dirty. Says he can put in a new one OR would I consider getting a high flow air intake? We talked it over and also with both mechanics working on the bike. These guys have never steered me wrong (another pun) and settled on the round one in chrome.

While waiting for that to get installed, did a search on our Indian forum for this type air intake and, as I expected, read everything from 'makes no difference at all, a ripoff' to ' this thing is fantastic, best investment ever' and everything in-between. The guys sold me on increasing power which, after putting an extra 100 pounds of front end, the two of us, loading up the saddlebags & trunk and luggage on top of that, the bike does struggle getting up the hill, smartly.

Bike maintenance is all done, we start it up and...

These are my unscientific observations and opinions, whether based in fact don't know, but it's what I perceive. The bike had a lower rumble sound, I still have my stock pipes. From the day I picked up my used bike from the dealership in Sioux Falls, the throttle was always slow in responding from idle. Now, no delay at all. As to acceleration, it does seem better but won't say it is a rocket racer, then again, I don't want one.

The new air intake comes with a calibration card but was rejected as I had previously done a DynoJet PV3 tune sometime ago hoping to fix my lazy throttle, which did not make a difference. I am very pleased with this new performance and wonder if I even want to update the tune. I'll be contacting Fuel Moto next week to get their opinion.

Before
Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

After
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Two random thoughts I'm having as I read this thread:

First, I notice you bought your Roadmaster here in Sioux Falls. That's my hometown, so it's cool to have that connection with your story.

Second, I purchased my Roadmaster used from an older gentleman that stated "The only reason I'm selling this bike is because I've had too many birthdays." He too no longer felt comfortable balancing on two wheels when his wife was riding with him, and decided it was time to move to a trike. In his case he decided to purchase a brand new Harley CVO trike rather than convert the Indian. This worked out for me as it meant the motorcycle he had babied since new was now available for me to enjoy. Perhaps one day I'll be in the same situation and move to a trike as well.
Squats.

I'm serious, people. You need to incorporate Leg Day into your workout routine if you want to keep riding in your sunset years, especially on a Big Twin bike. I had an issue with my left knee a few years back. When getting on the bike, that knee would feel like all the strength went out of it when the foot hit the ground (I mount from the right side). The Doc recommended that I incorporate squats into my workout routine, and after a month or three the issue stopped. If you don't have access to a weight room, you can do bodyweight squats.

I had shoulder surgery back in July, and just got back on the bike at the beginning of August. In the 40 or so days that I was recovering, I lost a lot of strength in my legs, back, and arms, so much that I notice the weight of the bike when getting it off the sidestand.

As we get older, muscle and bone density decrease. If you start a good exercise routine now, and keep up with it, you will stay healthier and stronger than if you spend all your time in front of the TV.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Squats.

I'm serious, people. You need to incorporate Leg Day into your workout routine if you want to keep riding in your sunset years, especially on a Big Twin bike. I had an issue with my left knee a few years back. When getting on the bike, that knee would feel like all the strength went out of it when the foot hit the ground (I mount from the right side). The Doc recommended that I incorporate squats into my workout routine, and after a month or three the issue stopped. If you don't have access to a weight room, you can do bodyweight squats.

I had shoulder surgery back in July, and just got back on the bike at the beginning of August. In the 40 or so days that I was recovering, I lost a lot of strength in my legs, back, and arms, so much that I notice the weight of the bike when getting it off the sidestand.

As we get older, muscle and bone density decrease. If you start a good exercise routine now, and keep up with it, you will stay healthier and stronger than if you spend all your time in front of the TV.
The stat that made me realize I need to work out is that 80% of the people who go into assisted living and nursing homes are there because of mobility and not because of mental issues. Stay in shape and it will keep you living a better quality of life for much longer.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Quick follow-up on the tune after getting the high flow air intake. Called the folks at FuelMoto (very nice people) saying I did their DynoJet PV3 tune on my stock bike but didn't think it made a difference. Added the high flow air intake and the throttle is much more responsive and seems to have more power overall, should I still update my tune? He asked, "Are you happy with the performance?", Yes, very much so! "Well, leave it alone". Pretty much told me what I already knew but sometimes my retired, anal retentive aerospace engineering still kicks in. We shall speak no more of it.

Onto what this whole thread started a year and a half ago is all about, getting up to a Route 66 trip and I'm finally into the preliminaries as we start for real this weekend.

I initially signed on with Eagle Rider, at the time thinking they were the only company that did such guided tours. Yes, I could bring my own bike but they made it very clear if I had any problem, they would do nothing to help and was on my own. They were quick to take my deposit, but when I tried over several months to ask questions, silence.

I read an article in a motorcycle magazine about the top 10 motorcycle tour companies, the only one of interest to me was Ride Free. I sent a query via their website, more to see if anyone would even respond. To my surprise, got an e-mail that evening from the owner himself, Wil Sakowski, who was in the middle of running a tour and said he would contact me in a week when it was over. Without fail, one week we talked and one of my questions was could I bring my own bike? Absolutely! He has people travel both within and outside the United States and, if you desire, arranges rental for Harley, Indian, Honda and BMW. From his own website he states, "Roadside support, call the owner anytime for help. We know the route and locations, 25 years helping with breakdowns, we are in the USA and ready to help.

Besides the two of us with our TRiO bike for the tour we are on, there is another couple bringing their Tri-Glide, a couple flying in from Europe who will be renting an Ultra CVO and yet another couple renting a convertible Mustang GT. Wil himself will be leading the group. I'm currently en-route to Chicago with bike in tow to drop it off at a storage facility where it will be kept until we fly in later this week with our luggage that Wil takes on the support truck.

All loaded up and ready to go.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Stopping for lunch at the border of Colorado into Nebraska. Note the hemp shop next door. Guess once you get the munchies, you have someplace to go. Location, location, location!
Car Sky Land vehicle Cloud Wheel

At the worlds largest truck stop along I-80 in Iowa.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Why is it that going through a major corn producer like Iowa, you can actually find ethanol free premium gas? Shame I filled up the bike before I left.
Gas pump Font Gas Filling station Machine

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Dropped off the bike at a super secret location around Chicago and heading back to Colorado. Have to give this gas station in Nebraska credit for being honest about its location (above the store entrance).
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate

81 - 100 of 114 Posts