Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made arrangements to have these bars made to fit the Scout. They are a 10" slash cut. They look similar to Roland Sands but are a little different. Very high quality. Gloss black powder coat finish. I can offer them with holes to run the cables but it might mean buying longer cables. If you run the cables exterior you can use the OEM cables. I have to spend a lot of money so I am looking for feedback from you guys.
Iron Table Furniture Auto part Bicycle accessory

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I would not be a buyer of them, I think they are very ugly and don't have any Feng Shui compatible to the Scout.
They don't match the looks of a Scout.... new or old!

But I'm sure there will be a bunch that will buy them.... don't use me as your meter of sales, others will be more receptive.

They are just NOT my style for any bike that I have ever owned. :(
Only my feedback you requested.... :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
As you are asking for feedback I agree with RONNIE. An interesting design and might look great on a chopper, but would be out of place on a any cruiser. I can however appreciate you're design ability.

·
Diamond member
9,094 Posts
Imo, they are a lot of sharp,, with with a smidge of round.... The scout, is a smidge of sharp, with alot of round... I think thats what would make them out of place on the scout.. HOWEVER, I think they would look great on just about any chopped or cut, bobber or chopper style bike,and also to keep in mind, many who would be buying those bars could very well have moded there scout to where those bars woukd be the perfect touch.. I also know that bars in that style, do sell well for other brand bikes, so
touching on what Ronnie and Brian said, there are surely as many folks that would buy those, as wouldn't buy them. as a retailer your, nd myself having been one in the music industry,, many many things I put on my wall thinking the customers would be lined up out the door for,, ended up sitting on that wall forever,, while stuff id buy thinking it was ugly, was my best seller so I get ya... Helpful post I made yes? Not!
sorry about that.. I say take a chance... If nothing else, you can branch into a new market, and advertise them to be mounted on beds headboards... Oh la la!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have made arrangements to have these bars made to fit the Scout. They are a 10" slash cut. They look similar to Roland Sands but are a little different. Very high quality. Gloss black powder coat finish. I can offer them with holes to run the cables but it might mean buying longer cables. If you run the cables exterior you can use the OEM cables. I have to spend a lot of money so I am looking for feedback from you guys.
View attachment 83889
pics when you are done-- they share some details from my lower Trask handlebars. I love my bars-- think yours will look great!

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Would look good on a Sportster bobber/salvage bike but on a cruiser? Guess we have to see it but its not my deal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
@Marcus- those would look great on the dark horse. For scout, I think beach bars , clip on, drag bars are more suited. Just my honest opinion.

Appreciate your hardwork and dedication to make accessories for scout. I love your beach bars that I have been using. With upgraded shocks, My ride has become very comfortable and smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts