Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are introducing a new product. These are Black Feathers made from 1/4" thick ABS plastic. They come with double stick tape. They can be applied to most any surface on your bike. (They don't work well on the tires.) They can enhance the "Indian" look of your bike. (Not recommended for Harleys.) They are being offered at a special intro price at www.IndianAftermarket.com
Feather Leaf Quill Plant Wing
Motor vehicle Headlamp Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Light Automotive lighting Headlamp Vehicle Helmet

·
Vendor / bronze
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't do other colors for now. We use the black for other products. Once I start using other colors it will tie up too much money. But the black ones started selling instantly. The black goes with the black found on all the Indian bikes. You are welcome to buy and try. If you don't like the color you can return them. You only lose shipping costs.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am using 3M brand tape. It cost twice as much as some off brands. I have found it to work great on other products. However, I stand behind my products anyway. I am very excited about this product. I am using the same feather concept to design some new floorboards also. My little foundry can't handle the volume of aluminum required so I have to buy some more equipment. The fun never stops.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I am not much of an artist. I studied photos of feathers and then began drawing them on the computer. They looked pretty weak at first. I just kept redrawing small sections over and over until I understood what look real. It also made me think how incredible feathers really are. They are structurally extremely light weight and flimsy, yet a bunch of them together can carry the weight a bird.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have a bison skull printing on my son's 3-d printer at this moment. Going to be doing some design tests.

Someone can break out a dremel on the feathers - grind down the middle on both sides of the spine. Round the feather from the spine to the outside edges. Grind most of the thickness off the outside edges. You can even grind in some light grooves to give the feather some hairs. Spray the whole thing in a satin white and then spay the edges in satin black. You could make the whole thing look like a 3-d eagle feather. The overall thickness, IMHO, is fine for longevity.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If anybody wants to send a special color plastic to me. We can cut them out on our laser. I think the black looks best especially since the texture we are using looks right. And I like the name "black Feathers". But I can understand wanting different colors.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I would probably order these, and spray them with a quality chrome paint so at least it would match something on my bike. I know you say there is something black on my bike, but being the bold few with the Willow Green combo, there's not much black to go around to match those. They look fantastic though, I will be ordering a set and repainting them before adhering them to my baby girl. Thanks for making awesome products for us, I truly enjoy my temp gauge dipstick to the extreme.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.