Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I can't stop introducing new products. I love these bikes. Thunder Works now offers slip on pipes for the 111 Indians. I only sell stuff I like and everyone agrees with me. Anyway, these pipes look good and have a very sweet sound. They are much louder than the stock pipes and have a deep sound. There are many pipes on the market now that are good. Why buy these? Well they look and sound as good as any pipes out there (subject to argument), so I hope the price will lure you in. They are available at www.IndianAftermarket.com. Here is a video that shows how to install slip ons on the 111 bikes. Even if you buy another brand, this video might help you with installation. At the end of the 4 1/2 minute video you can hear the pipes. It would be nice if there was a way to compare all the pipes out there at the same time and place with the same set ups. But for now you will just have gather the info available.
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I can't stop introducing new products. I love these bikes. Thunder Works now offers slip on pipes for the 111 Indians. I only sell stuff I like and everyone agrees with me. Anyway, these pipes look good and have a very sweet sound. They are much louder than the stock pipes and have a deep sound. There are many pipes on the market now that are good. Why buy these? Well they look and sound as good as any pipes out there (subject to argument), so I hope the price will lure you in. They are available at www.IndianAftermarket.com. Here is a video that shows how to install slip ons on the 111 bikes. Even if you buy another brand, this video might help you with installation. At the end of the 4 1/2 minute video you can hear the pipes. It would be nice if there was a way to compare all the pipes out there at the same time and place with the same set ups. But for now you will just have gather the info available.
View attachment 251745
Do they come in anything other than Slash Cut ?

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently we only offer slash cut in chrome or black. Tell me what kind of tips you prefer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My current Indian chief has fish tails, so maybe an option that allows those to be installed or some other "custom" end piece. As you know, Buyers like "options" to come up with a unique look. Even without optional end pieces like a fish tail, I do prefer a straight cut at the end.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No plans for headers but I am always looking for new product ideas. My observation is that the Indian headers seem efficient to me just looking at the shape. Has any one noticed a big improvement after installing aftermarket headers? I have also been looking at replacing the intake manifold and throttle body, but it is expensive and I don't think you can get much more volume out of new ones. Plus the air and gas still have to pass through the valve openings anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts