Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this yet. The dealer says this is equivalent to the full BBK / 111.

Any thoughts apreciated.

·
Rider
963 Posts
The dealer is telling you the truth. The new stock 166 already has the Big bore jugs rods and springs. This new kit is just the throttle body and stage 3 cams to make it equal to the old bbk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a TS111 with stage 2 and I think it was worth it. I can’t imagine it would be any different with the 116. More power and better sound is never a bad thing.

·
Bronze member
1,461 Posts
They are giving me a quote of around $1100 including labor. Wondering if it's worth it
For that much, absolutely.

The one 111-116 upgrade in Australia cost 5 and a half for the big bore kit and another 2 1/4 roughly for the required compulsory stage kits (exhaust mainly?) including fitting, so around 7 1/2 grand.
So.. about 4500 USA, based on exchange rate

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2020 RMDH with stock 116. Did stage one intake and exhaust off the showroom. Road about 900 miles and then has stage 2 done, bigger throttle body, cams, and bigger injectors. I can tell a difference. Had about the same ratio change the stage 2 did for my 111 I traded fit this bike. Nice lope at idle, and good power. I'm happy with it, will do pv3 later with some different head pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts