Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by dealer yesterday. Quite busy over there. All Harley guys / gals looking at Indian's. I picked up my bike cover after waiting 3 months. I also saw on a bike the A/C for Indians. Looks real good. Far more understated and left leg more comfortable when on bike. It costs $500 plus $180 install. Not sure if that includes $75 for flash. Plus tax looking at $750-800. That's quite a bit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What is the A/C??
I have had an service done on my Indian Vintage at the dealers, while there the bike is having a stage 1 air cleaner kit fitted, I think it will cost me $600 AUD, they are fitting it for free, bike has been in the shop the last 2 weeks while I am on Vacation in florida, I am sitting here at Orlando airport waiting for my flight home via Dallas to Australia.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Went by dealer yesterday. Quite busy over there. All Harley guys / gals looking at Indian's. I picked up my bike cover after waiting 3 months. I also saw on a bike the A/C for Indians. Looks real good. Far more understated and left leg more comfortable when on bike. It costs $500 plus $180 install. Not sure if that includes $75 for flash. Plus tax looking at $750-800. That's quite a bit.
A/C kits include flash card

·
Registered
31 Posts
A/C kits include flash card
Just added the indian high flow air box -its expensive but goes perfectly with the bike - looks awesome - The hardest part of the install was removing the stock air box in-take bracket bolted to the frame under the tank - the bolts were lock tight in so quite stiff - also you need a pivot head ratchet to get square on one of the frame bolts - if not available be prepared for a slow removal process with 10mm closed end wrench. Also helps if you have a buddy to raise the tank while you wrench - my tank was hard to raise due to the fuel lines not long enough - I had to cut a zip tie under the seat to get another inch extension of the fuel line and even then was barley enough to get at the frame bolts under the tank. It says in the instructions 40 min install - plan on 1 to 2 hours - this was a much harder job that swapping out the air cleaner on my 06 street bob - but well worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
391 Posts
To get the most out of the AC use the download that comes with the kit, it may run to lean if you don't. The stage 1 for the exhaust doesn't address the added air from the high flow filter. The tech can choose AC and exhaust. As bobster said it will that 1-2 hours. I have attached the instructions to give you a idea of the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
bluedawg, thanks for the tip on the a/c download. The indian parts guy said it was not needed if already done for the stage one - but I will check with the techs today - sounds like it is still needed for the a/c ..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A $180 to install an air cleaner thats nuts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it's clear that you need it. How has the performance been?
I have not tried it yet - snow here - however just to clarify on the download - I called 4 dealers yesterday got mixed answers on if needed or not in addition to the stage one download - finally I called Polaris customer service who checked with indian and YES you do need a separate download for the a/c even if you have the stage one. Mystery solved

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have not tried it yet - snow here - however just to clarify on the download - I called 4 dealers yesterday got mixed answers on if needed or not in addition to the stage one download - finally I called Polaris customer service who checked with indian and YES you do need a separate download for the a/c even if you have the stage one. Mystery solved
Thanks, have been wondering about that.What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Alberta.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got mine installed yesterday and I feel it made quite a difference in performance! Also the surging people talk about when slowing down is not as bad. I feel it was well worth the money!

·
Registered
391 Posts
My local dealer has a Thunder Stroke AC kit in stock if anyone is looking for one.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts