Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my Scout order in Thunder Black in October from the Salt Lake City dealer. With the back log, I was told the bike will be sent in January. Hopefully the winter will be mild so I can put some miles on her before spring. Can't wait.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
One thing about West Texas we ride nearly year round. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
One thing about West Texas we ride nearly year round. :)
In OZ we ride all year round mid summer can be a bit hot we set out early in the day the only thing you need to watch out for are kangaroos
crossing your riding path some are as big as a person & weigh 40kg it is like hitting a brick wall if they are in mid air when you smack them

·
10,006 Posts
In OZ we ride all year round mid summer can be a bit hot we set out early in the day the only thing you need to watch out for are kangaroos
crossing your riding path some are as big as a person & weigh 40kg it is like hitting a brick wall if they are in mid air when you smack them

Yeah, it sounds almost as big as our grasshoppers in Texas. Gotta watch out for them when they are in the air! <G>

Ronnie....ò¿ó¬

·
10,006 Posts
My dealer called me at my evening meal at Cedar Springs restaurant and told me that my bike would be here for me Tuesday!

I ordered the gloss black model, but was offering me a red one instead, I just might take him up on it!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, it sounds almost as big as our grasshoppers in Texas. Gotta watch out for them when they are in the air! <G>

Ronnie....ò¿ó¬
Moose in Maine, high enough that when you hit them, you are typically joining them in the afterlife. Nasty business...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Enjoyed three weeks in Melbourne in '98, nicest people you'll ever meet! Was treated like royalty and not once did I feel unsafe. The Aussies are like your favorite cousins, enjoyable and you hate to see them leave.

·
10,006 Posts
Moose in Maine, high enough that when you hit them, you are typically joining them in the afterlife. Nasty business...

There go two moose.... Ugh, meese.... There goes a moose and there goes another one! <VBG>

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I have lived in Texas for most of my life (not any more), but I will tell you the worst grasshoppers i have ever experienced was in Kansas. My chaps were yellow when I got to Sturgis

·
10,006 Posts
I have lived in Texas for most of my life (not any more), but I will tell you the worst grasshoppers i have ever experienced was in Kansas. My chaps were yellow when I got to Sturgis
I am only 73 years old so I haven't lived all my life in Texas.... yet! :)

I am real excited about the new Scout though, I sold my 2012 Triumph Storm about 3 months ago, I also sold my 1990 ST-1100 several months earlier to my car mechanic and think I will be happy with my Indian Scout.(Thunder Black of course is my first choice, if it finally gets here)

I still have a 2010 Honda Phantom for sale that I have converted to a springer bobber!
Sooo... If anyone is interested contact me for pictures! <Very Big Grin>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts