Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are headed down to PCB next week. Any must do's, must see's, must stop's? Plan on riding out towards Destin for a day. All suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ya gotta go to Whities Fish Camp for some seafood.

·
German Rider
843 Posts
Destin, Henderson Beach and Miramar Beach are wonderful. Been there often during vacation.

Also nice to see is the USS Alabama in Mobile.

Cu
Sven

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
On the beach highway (98), it may take a couple of hours to get to Destin from PCB on the weekend. Traffic is horrendous. Last time I rode from Santa Rosa Island (west of Destin) to Destin it took 45 minutes just to cross the bridge. You might want to consider taking 20 to Destin (yellow route). Between the red lines was the hurricane and a lot of it is still quite a mess. If looking for a day trip, consider the blue circled area. Wife and I camped at St George Island (off coast of Appalachicola) a couple of years ago. If weather is nice the sunsets are fantastic. Biggest oyster bed in FL is in Appalachicola Bay.

Since the 111's are air cooled, a beach run might give you some serious heat issues. I bought my RM a week or so after Thunder Beach in PCB, bumper to bumper traffic and took over 30 minutes to get to 79 at 6PM and my cahones were roasting until I could get some air flow.
upload_2019-4-25_13-44-1.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts