Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made an intake manifold to put a carb on the 111 engine? I am also thinking that some sort of wire harness would be needed to run the brain for the ignition as well?
I am seriously looking at putting one of these engines in a custom build and I am thinking I do not want to have to deal with the fuel injection with the limited space, and the vintage gas tank that I will end up using.
Has anyone done this?

ANY thoughts on this???

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you put a carb on it, how are you going to override all of the "failed" injection system signals being sent to the ECM ?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Has anyone made an intake manifold to put a carb on the 111 engine? I am also thinking that some sort of wire harness would be needed to run the brain for the ignition as well?
I am seriously looking at putting one of these engines in a custom build and I am thinking I do not want to have to deal with the fuel injection with the limited space, and the vintage gas tank that I will end up using.
Has anyone done this?

ANY thoughts on this???
Not carburated, but look up the three 111 builds of Roland Sands. They managed to hide the componentry in very small spaces and in open frame designs.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Has anyone done this?

ANY thoughts on this???
This guy did it =>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts