Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried one of these? A wrap around 'lever' so the throttle can be operated by palm pressure instead of grip.

where do you find works best to position the device?
can you still operate the throttle by grip?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had one for years, they are bloody great! You can still operate the throttle normally and I don't get cramps like I did once before

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I have one by Kuryakyn. I set it up so that the "blade" part is a little below horizontal when I'm at cruising speed in 6th gear. It's a good quality item and you can adjust it to any angle. You still have plenty of room on the grip to work the throttle the regular way, you just slide your hand a bit to the outside of the grip once you hit a consistent speed to use the palm rest. It's not quite cruise control, but the next best thing. I think it cost about $25 and is metal with a rubber insert that matches their iso-grips. It took a little bit of getting used to when I first put it on, but now I don't even notice it.

The only downside is that you lose the Indian logo grip caps if you're still running the original grips.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
has anyone tried one of these? A wrap around 'lever' so the throttle can be operated by palm pressure instead of grip. Where do you find works best to position the device? can you still operate the throttle by grip?
I have a inexpensive plastic one that I can rotate out of the way if needed. I prefer it over a perm setting when getting into twisties.

I also have an Atlas Throttle Lock I haven't installed yet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have one as well...an inexpensive no-name.
Like ScotD said, I rotate mine out of the way for city and twisty road riding. When I want to use it a simple twist to slide it into position.
And yes, they work really well at getting rid of cramps for long distance riding.

·
Registered
853 Posts
one of the first things I bought, cheap and useful unlike most of the accessories I have added.

Reactions: Graham UK

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,838 Posts
I have used them for years, especially on the left side. I have a poorly repaired broken wrist, and I don't have grip strength in that hand. I need to relax hand often and crampbuster helps without taking hands off bars. I think I paid about $10 for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
I use one and also on the last 3 bikes. Very helpful and cheap. Also if the rubber band under it ever wears or brakes just cut another piece from a bicycle inner tube, it's the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,004 Posts
I have one by Kuryakyn.
Used on the Yamaha, where I really needed one. I would get a tired hand after a hundred miles before adding that. The difference was very noticeable.
Doesn't seem like I need this on my Scout, probably just new gloves. Easy to twist throttle. And no rides of 100+ miles on highway/freeway with Scout yet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Haven't gotten one but will in due time. I do have a throttle lock which I use for going to work on the highways (love that thing)!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have one and I dig it. I use it all the time for long and short rides.

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
I have a built in throttle rocker on my 01 grips by Kuryakan. That is the one thing I miss on this bike. I don't like the plastic ones so much...

·
Founding member
2,189 Posts
Even though I have cruise on my Chieftain, I still have one on my bike ... it just allows you to relax the grip a little whenever you want. The cheap ones work just as good as the expensive ones. For less than $10, you'll like it and use it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Kuryakan on mine also, along with the spear grips. I've had these on many m/c's, this one being the 1st that wasn't the plastic type. They all work great.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you all for your replies, this must be a record, so many of you love this thing that is so simple, cheap, and it seems, works!

have ordered a plastic one, will report back, hopefully yet another convert.

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
IMG_1156.JPG
Here's the Kuryakan one built into the grip. Best grips ever. Wish they made this one for the Indian TBW!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
thank you all for your replies, this must be a record, so many of you love this thing that is so simple, cheap, and it seems, works!

have ordered a plastic one, will report back, hopefully yet another convert.
The plastic one will work just fine and doesn't require you to change your grips. It just clips on. Easiest and cheapest mod ever.

Reactions: michael_swisher
1 - 20 of 27 Posts