Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Elite, upgraded cams, VH slip ons, intake air box. PV3
I don't know the programmers {lloyds} issues with this because I know this can be fixed,,
1Throttle response is unpredictable. 2 And it has to low of an rpm knock coming out of 1st 2nd gear.. The 17 RM was not this way..
3 times at the dealer, not fixed. I need another source for a programmer. Any gifted programmers in the state of NC?

·
Registered
2018 Chieftain Dark Horse. 116 CI w/585s & Venom Plenum.
58 Posts
2020 Elite, upgraded cams, VH slip ons, intake air box. PV3
I don't know the programmers {lloyds} issues with this because I know this can be fixed,,
1Throttle response is unpredictable. 2 And it has to low of an rpm knock coming out of 1st 2nd gear.. The 17 RM was not this way..
3 times at the dealer, not fixed. I need another source for a programmer. Any gifted programmers in the state of NC?
Twin Performance Tuners.
109 Signa Dr
Garner, NC
919-779-5890

·
Registered
631 Posts
There are 3 driving modes for that bike: Tour, Standard, Sport. Sport is very choppy on the throttle...Standard less so, and Touring no get up and go. I use Touring when it rains, other than that I'm in Standard. What mode do you have it in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
so , in an unrelated example , just bought a 2020 scout 1133 cc anniversary edition , it had a really crisp throttle response and when they put the header 2 into 1 pipe and new air box on my throttle response sucks. it went in for the 800 kilometre torque and oil change and they did nothing for the the throttle response .speaking of sucking.... the radiator guard , ...oh , wait !...what radiator guard , theres really nothing t0 protect the fine little fins in the rad from stones .. so I made my own from a stainless louvered back plate off an old refrigeration unit , I edged it with 1/2 x1/16 th inch stainless flat bar and buffed it up to look like chrome , it runs a bit hotter but well within a safe tolerance , but man , that rad wouldn't have lasted 4 months from regular paved road travel , never mind a gravelled road. love the bike except the retro bicycle style retro seat --the only thing your thinking about while riding is trying to stay on the bike - no enjoyment of riding. pic of my grill I made ( handy being a welder....0

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are 3 driving modes for that bike: Tour, Standard, Sport. Sport is very choppy on the throttle...Standard less so, and Touring no get up and go. I use Touring when it rains, other than that I'm in Standard. What mode do you have it in?
Considered that. And no luck resolving the issue.
I do enjoy the touring mode though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Indian patented flashes for the programmers are a step closer to help the masses. But not the savior for a telented individuals that can tune these bikes. The dealer want a quick approach and I get it, but there wearing my shit out😉 with 4 visits for the same problem. They need these talented peoples to step in sooner and make the Magic :geek:

·
Bronze member
2,480 Posts
Contact Fuel Moto.

Reactions: Jokester
1 - 10 of 10 Posts