Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After braving 32-33'f riding home on delivery, I decided I really needed a throttle lock/cruise control. I've never been much for the external clamp contraption type, so this is what I ended up with!

Kuryakyn 6285 mechanical throttle cruise assist, and 6288 throttle assist matching bar weight.

They look great, seems to work well, but I'll have to get some miles on them before saying much more.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yo Jet! I was considering an entirely different solution but this looks very intriguing. Please keep us updated as to how well it works on the Scout. Thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Was considering these myself but opted for bar end mirrors. Hopefully the added heft of the bar end weight will quell a bit of handlebar vibration?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave them a good check out this morning and they work well! Easy to set with the throttle hand, still have smooth throttle rotation when applied, not sure about the vibe but it certainly wasn't worse.
I thought about bar end mirrors too, but I dislike the other type of throttle locks and the stock mirrors are ok.

·
Registered
572 Posts
They look real interesting. How hard were they to install? Were you able to keep the stock grips?

·
Registered
656 Posts
HELP!! I hope I wasn't dreaming but I could have sworn that there was some post here on a cruise control that someone put together that used a type of clip onto their throttle. It reminded me of a shower curtain type piece of metal. So if I was just smokin and not sharing please let me know otherwise if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
you werent dreaming, i remember seeing it also, there is a thread somewhere, i am also interested in it

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
After braving 32-33'f riding home on delivery, I decided I really needed a throttle lock/cruise control. I've never been much for the external clamp contraption type, so this is what I ended up with!

Kuryakyn 6285 mechanical throttle cruise assist, and 6288 throttle assist matching bar weight.

They look great, seems to work well, but I'll have to get some miles on them before saying much more.
Thank you! This should help with the sneeze throttle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The one I want to re-check out wasn't made by Kurakyn - but thanks Jet-Tim.. Thanks Halman I am glad I wasn't just dreamin!

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
it was posted by troop, with a video, on dec 21, in this thread "cruise control for scout?". type this in search and scroll down a ways............

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks Halman and Kaj. I was really hoping I hadn't had one to many glasses of Merlot while waiting for that Red Scout! I will check out the video again (maybe find a few more) and also the links above. Might be good to have different options till I find the one that works the best.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts