Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would try pulling the main ecm fuse for few minutes. See if maybe it’s just a weird glitch. Of course check your battery terminals. If that delivers no joy then it’s probably a bad throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Power cycle the bike off then on. Should reset the bike back to “normal”. Same issue with my ‘19 Elite and ‘19 Icon Roadmaster’s. Engine light will stay lit for a bit, then go out (after fueling). Dealer plugged in and there were no codes. Back to riding!

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Battery connections check battery connections. help a rider who had the same symptoms, loose battery (positive terminal)

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
And check your ground to the frame...

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I would try pulling the main ecm fuse for few minutes. See if maybe it’s just a weird glitch. Of course check your battery terminals. If that delivers no joy then it’s probably a bad throttle position sensor.
VCM, not ECM. Side panel. 2nd long one from left facing it. Hold out for 30 seconds to ensure discharge .

·
Registered
193 Posts
As a follow up, my ‘19 Elite, one week to the day, did the throttle position error code while accelerating in 2nd gear on an on-ramp (1/2 power) Waved the 4 other bikes by so they didn’t get stuck trying to merge on I-70. I powered off, powered on and started right up and have had zero issues since (1,000 miles and counting).

·
German rider
639 Posts
And check your ground to the frame...
Aaaand check NOT grounding the TB Wire Harness to the Cylinder. This cables are routed between the two hot cylinders , and it could have been melted and contacted like some Knock Sensor Wirings at these engines.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the status Ron?

Replacing the throttle unit and relay. Polaris covering the parts, I get the labor cost. Bikes warranty was up in July. So it is what it is. Between hard or not starting when it's cold, to having to already have the starter and battery replaced (warranty), really feeling I'm not suited for this bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Replacing the throttle unit and relay. Polaris covering the parts, I get the labor cost. Bikes warranty was up in July.
That's the throttle assy on the handle bar or the throttle body on the intake?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts