Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Chieftain DH

The throttle has a bit of dead space before it revs. Not sure the distance but my other two bikes (one drive by wire and one throttle wire). Both of them are instant throttle when twisted.

Do all of the 111 throttle by wire have a bit of dead space when you roll the throttle?
I can feel the spring tension, roll it slightly and nothing. Then if I continue to roll it, it revs. Having a hard time adjusting to this, hoping there is a way to get the cpu to learn the full range of the throttle at the start, not sure if there is a reset sequence.

Happens the same in all three modes (sport, normal, cruise)

This coupled with the rear cylinder deactivation, has caused a couple of stalls. You think you rolled enough throttle but you didn't because of the dead space, then she stalls. For now, I have deactivated the rear cylinder cut out to reduce the stalls and the throttle dead space remains the same.

If not normal, i'll ask when I take it in for the first service.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Rider
880 Posts
You should have ride modes. Selectable with the right hand toggle on your RH controls. When you go into SPORT mode it takes away the throttle lag.

I can't recall the process for selecting. i.e. if you can freely select it on the go or if its something you have to hold in while starting up the bike.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You should have ride modes. Selectable with the right hand toggle on your RH controls. When you go into SPORT mode it takes away the throttle lag.

I can't recall the process for selecting. i.e. if you can freely select it on the go or if its something you have to hold in while starting up the bike.
Read the ops post your post is redundant-he says it happens in all 3 modes

·
Rider
880 Posts
Read the ops post your post is redundant-he says it happens in all 3 modes
I'm a dummy. Normally I don't miss those things.

Sounds very weird though. I haven't had an issue riding in sport mode (or any mode) in regards to throttle lag. Especially causing a stall. I definitely do not like riding in any other mode than sport due to the throttle lag though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts