Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
looks cool but it's kind of overkill with the branding for my taste. It says Indian just above on the tank and just below on the cam cover. Plus the red isn't the same red as the bike.

·
Rider
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yeah I know. The reason I am wanting to change it is because the original sticker is hardly noticeable. I was trying to add a medallion similar to the numbered 14s that had the 1901 horn medallions.

·
German Rider
1,729 Posts
Reactions: SJ12DS

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
I did something similar to this on my Indian Red Springfield a while back, SJ.

While visiting the Indian dealership down in Scottsdale a month ago or so, I saw they stocked this pair of magnetized metal medallions and that are also perfectly sized to fit within the rounded concaved portion of the horn cover.

But instead of using the one which resembles the plastic domed one that you've placed on your bike, I used the red and black headdress one instead. And after removing the original insert, used some 3M double-sided tape to install it.

(...I think it looks pretty good, myself)

·
Rider
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

While visiting the Indian dealership down in Scottsdale a month ago or so, I saw they stocked this pair of magnetized metal medallions and that are also perfectly sized to fit within the rounded concaved portion of the horn cover.

But instead of using the one which resembles the plastic domed one that you've placed on your bike, I used the red and black headdress one instead. And after removing the original insert, used some 3M double-sided tape to install it.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I actually saw those magnets on ebay. May have to order. I really wanted to get something from Indian but wasn't crazy for their pinnacle horn cover and it seems that they are getting rid of that line anyway. I then looked at their stock engine decal kits. To me the Steel Gray wasn't much different from what is on the bike now and I wanted to add some color to it. If Indian would've made a burgundy set of decals then I probably would have bought it and replaced them all with that set.

I might have to order the magnets and see if I like them better than the decal. The magnets have a gold color so I don't know if that would look better than the silver and red one I have.

Thanks again for the tip.

·
Rider
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might be able to. I would contact the seller to see if they could do a couple for you in the blue. I know there are a few vendors on there that will make you what you want.

The vendor that I got these from took the items out of their store for some reason but they also have a Europe storefront to look at. The items shipped from Lithuania but I got them fast and cheap and they are legit. Good luck!

P.S. They also have the Indian head logo if anyone wants that look. 60mm is the one I went with which is about 2.4 inches and it fits the horn cover insert very well.

·
German Rider
1,729 Posts
Reactions: SJ12DS

·
Rider
1,071 Posts
Looks good, I really like the 'Head Dress' one, been searching for these for weeks, but was using wrong search words. Wish I would have seen your post earlier. I finally bought this 1 ounce pure Silver Round instead, it's 1.5" diameter so not sure about fit, if it's too small, will center it. (Buffalo on other side like the Nickel) ...Click for biggie
Silver.Indian.insert.jpg

·
Rider
987 Posts

I also like these magnets. Especially the Red and Black headdress.

I have this on. Was a paper weight I guess, can't for the life of me remember who sent it to me. It's red and gold but still thought looked better than the plane stock.

·
Rider
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Elbohead This is directly from the vendors listing. They probably would make you a couple in the springfield blue if you ask them.

We can make any other 3D Domed sticker or any other sticker (and on any quantities) for your personal or business needs. Should you need it, please do not hesitate to contact us. We'll gladly help you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts