Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to upgrade the RM (2020 RME with the stock 116), was planning on it since day 1. Already have the Voodoo AC kit, and Reinhart headers and slip-ons are on order (for some reason I'm still waiting).

Apparently the Stage 2 cams are offered by themselves or as a kit with a larger throttle body. My question is, which would be the better choice, performance wise, for the 116? I've read elsewhere on here that the larger throttle body is overkill for the 111, does the same logic apply to the 116, or is there any benefit to adding that as well?

Not looking to turn a bagger into a drag bike, but I would like to bump up the oomph, and the sound as well. I'm thinking I'm on the right track, but the whole TB question has me curious.

And yes, already have a PV3 from FuelMoto waiting in the wings for when the parts are installed ... ;)

Reactions: bburdick

·
Registered
950 Posts
Go for the 60mm tb. I’ve ridden one and my bike goes in on Tuesday for the cams and throttle body and 116 bbk. Do it without hesitation. It’ll be a whole new bike. There are people reporting a peppier low end using the 54 with a 116. I’m sure they’re right just based on air velocity. IMO these bikes have plenty of low end. It’s the top end that needs help. You’ll love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts