Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
My 2000 Indian Chief is strictly an around town and short rides kinda motorcycle. It has no storage whatsoever. For longer adventures/activity, my '16 RK is used (hard bags and tour pak). The Indian has an S&S motor, so local mechanics can fix her. The nearest Indian dealer is over an hour away and we have a HD dealer right here in town. In the big scheme of things, logistics/repair capability/convenience dictates our motorcycle ownership.

·
Registered
367 Posts
True... HD has the advantage of more dealerships. But even better (around here) there are a few good independent shops that can/will work on Harleys, and on most any age HD ta-boot. When I drove Harleys I bought most all of my parts thru local indy shops and one in particular was always great, willing and able to give good advice on what to order and why. In my neck of the woods I'm not aware of any indy shop that can or will work on my '15 Vintage. And my one experience with the closest I/P dealer was not good, sooo... Not sure what I'd do if something went wrong with my Vintage that I was unable to fix.
The local mechanic I spoke of is mainly HD repairs, but will work pretty much on anything American, hence he sees my Indian whenever things go wrong because of the S&S engine. His name is Paul and runs 'Street Thunder' here in Titusville (closed on Sundays/Mondays).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts