Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always looking for unusual patches related to Indians. Show me yours!
... patches, that is! Hahaha!
20190116_182754.jpg

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
I’m generally opposed to sporting military patches that aren’t backed up by service. That patch is cool, assuming you served in the USAF with the 335th out of Seymour Johnson.

It’s a free country though, and if you’re an AF vet, thanks for serving and no offense intended.

If not, you can expect to get friendly questions wearing that, often followed by a curt end to the conversation and someone walking away from you.

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I’m generally opposed to sporting military patches that aren’t backed up by service. That patch is cool, assuming you served in the USAF with the 335th out of Seymour Johnson.

It’s a free country though, and if you’re an AF vet, thanks for serving and no offense intended.

If not, you can expect to get friendly questions wearing that, often followed by a curt end to the conversation and someone walking away from you.
I served in the Army as a grunt in the jungles of Nam. The flyboys had it pretty good, unless they were shot down, and served time in hell as a POW. I, personally, don't give a damn if someone doesn't like me wearing that patch. I earned the right to wear it, by way of being shot and shelled at in the jungles, many years ago. At 65 years old, I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, with the smell of the jungle and gunfire in my nose. I understand your concern though. o_O:D
This is what I ride!
20171218_130737.jpg

It will make every person think when they are behind me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I served in the Army as a grunt in the jungles of Nam. The flyboys had it pretty good, unless they were shot down, and served time in hell as a POW. I, personally, don't give a damn if someone doesn't like me wearing that patch. I earned the right to wear it, by way of being shot and shelled at in the jungles, many years ago. At 65 years old, I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, with the smell of the jungle and gunfire in my nose. I understand your concern though. o_O:D
This is what I ride!
View attachment 457980
Wear what you want, Im 65 too and did the the grunt thing in Vietnam, the fly boys were a step down from us most of them were on secure air bases and never heard a shot. I got two brothers in law that were both Air force and in Vietnam as well. They shit in latrines that were air conditioned, I shit in the bush or over a barrel that you had to burn if you caught the duty. I tell both of them that they probably squat to piss. I ride a bike that looks like yours too, I got an Indian Vintage as well. Its all about the freedom. Enjoy your life what we have left

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't mean to hijack my own thread. Hahaha! Was curious what patches others are wearing.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
Thanks to both of you for your service. As Americans, we all have the right to say (wear) pretty much whatever we want. All three of us have been in some flavor of crap after signing a blank check to the country.

I saw the patch and gave my opinion. You both served, I honor that.

Let’s get back to pictures of Indian related patches. These are the two on my vest:

upload_2019-1-16_20-39-17.jpeg

upload_2019-1-16_20-39-40.jpeg

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
This is what I ride!
View attachment 457980
What happened to what's her name?
That anorexic, boney, pale girl..

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happened to what's her name?
That anorexic, boney, pale girl..
You mean Nancy? She's just hanging about on a rope in the garage, waiting about for Halloween 2019 to arrive.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have a couple of Indian patches, will put on my CVMA vest

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg

Both the Brooks leather jacket from the previous post and this vest are vintage. The Brooks jacket saved my hide when I had to bail off my bike in the 1990s at 60 mph. A leather man was able to repair it to where the damage to it is now invisible. The patches to both were added last year.

·
Bronze member
4,471 Posts
I had a number of Hodaka dirt bikes way back and for about ten years have had a heavy cotton armored riding jacket that I've sewn some Hodaka patches on. Sometimes I get questions about whether this one is a patch from military service. :)

upload_2019-1-17_15-5-9.png

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
The Bottom Indian patch looks like the WW1 6th Marine Reg. Patch

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
This is what I ride!
View attachment 457980
Man, you just barely made it over there before they quit sending troops in '73.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Chief, who were you with in Nam and when?

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a number of Hodaka dirt bikes way back and for about ten years have had a heavy cotton armored riding jacket that I've sewn some Hodaka patches on. Sometimes I get questions about whether this one is a patch from military service. :)

View attachment 458014
Someone gave me a Hodaka Combat Wombat a few years ago. It had been sitting in his tow yard for many year, and had under 500 miles on it. I posted it on Craigslist and got $500 for it. Only had to move to to my warehouse. It definitely needed restoration, but almost new.

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, you just barely made it over there before they quit sending troops in '73.
Was In-Country for about a year. I got a Section 8 discharge, due to my youth, sensitivity, and unsuitability to combat. When William Tecumseh Sherman said, "War is Hell", it was an understatement. What pushed me over the edge was when some of the guys proudly displayed necklaces of certain body parts of the enemy collected during combat. Some guys are suited for combat, and at my young age, I definitely was not.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
All Marine line units and CAP Marines were gone by May 71;the last Army infantry outfit was disbanded some time in 72( don’t have the month).Easter offensive of 72 for Marines were advisors. 1975, Marines were back in Namfor the boat lift(people). I think those few Marines are allowed to wear the Vietnam Service ribbon.

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe @Meggie should move this thread to the Military section. It seems to be turning toward that direction.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts