Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rider
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a wait a while longer before I entertain a 116 BBK. So far on my 18 Vintage I’ve got Indian stage 2 cams, PCVX and Craig’s tune, RCX slipons, Lloydz circular open air cleaner and a stock decatted headpipe that the shop sends out so it’s not an American Customs.

The RCX slipons sounds pretty good and it solved the cold start ping that was driving me crazy. So after a doing a bunch of reading those of you who switched from a stock decatted head pipe to the jack pot what positive or negatives have you noticed and would you do it again. Especially since these have been out for a few years now any issues ?

And yes I know Fuelmoto makes good stuff. Thinking this might be my fall / winter project. Does the jackpot appear to help any with heat in comparison to a stock decatted pipeor more of a placebo effect?

·
Bronze member
1,640 Posts
I have the jackpot and it is a very good piece. I had mine ceramic coated, welded in O2 bungs and wrapped with thermal wrap. It is the only performance option that fits the stock shields. I'd do it again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did the jackpot make it much louder

·
Registered
589 Posts
I sold my JP headpipe (had leaks until I had it tig welded), it seem to perform well, but I did not see a heat reduction that others have claimed and I did not like that I perceived most of the sound to come from the right side. I went back to a catted headpipe, just like the sound better and I plan to try wrapping the headpipes and maybe the cat to see if that helps with heat.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
So I’ve got a wait a while longer before I entertain a 116 BBK. So far on my 18 Vintage I’ve got Indian stage 2 cams, PCVX and Craig’s tune, RCX slipons, Lloydz circular open air cleaner and a stock decatted headpipe that the shop sends out so it’s not an American Customs.

The RCX slipons sounds pretty good and it solved the cold start ping that was driving me crazy. So after a doing a bunch of reading those of you who switched from a stock decatted head pipe to the jack pot what positive or negatives have you noticed and would you do it again. Especially since these have been out for a few years now any issues ?

And yes I know Fuelmoto makes good stuff. Thinking this might be my fall / winter project. Does the jackpot appear to help any with heat in comparison to a stock decatted pipeor more of a placebo effect?
Since your current headers have no CAT, I would not think heat would be much if any different. I have read many times, the Indian header flow dynamics is so very good, it's comparable to some of the better after market performance headers.

Reactions: Baron58

·
Registered
62 Posts
No because the bikes run better with the catalyst on them, the extra back pressure is the reason, people are getting more horsepower and torque with it on there, it's a proven fact, I had it removed for the heat concern and at the time didn't know it was beneficial to leave it on the bike, what's done is done and as they say live and learn

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd say yes. My dealer installed the Jackpot header and heat is seriously reduced. I left the stock A/C & pipes and the bike is surprisingly louder. Since I ride in the desert year round the heat was too much to take. No placebo effect here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I should add that my dealer did a stage 1 flash on top of the Jackpot header. So... stock A/C & pipes, stage 1 flash, way less heat, better sound.

·
Bronze member
4,870 Posts
The Jackpot header is designed to basically keep the (Stock cat performance) so you can remove the CAT and not loose torque.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I should add that my dealer did a stage 1 flash on top of the Jackpot header. So... stock A/C & pipes, stage 1 flash, way less heat, better sound.
Would you say there was ANY loss of low-rpm torque? I'm considering the same mod (plus Voodoo a/c). Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would say NONE for me. I only ride my bike in standard mode and if it was going to show a loss it would be in standard mode or touring.
I had two HD touring bikes with true duals and the Jackpot headers is by far the best solution I've had done.
My HD loss some low end torque for sure. Not the case on the RM with fuel moto Jackpot. My dealer talked me into this and I am so happy I listened (for once).

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,274 Posts
From what I have seen the Jackpot header would shine with stage 2 or 3 cams or any of the Lloyds cams. They have a longer primary tube which allows for better scavenging. Looks like the new Tab header just dumps into a plentum where you can get some reversion of the exhaust into the aft jug, same for the cat deleted stock pipe. The Liberty X pipe for whatever reason put the crossover up towards the front where you could still get some reversion. Definitely no loss in torque and a strong top end for the Jackpot header. I did see an increase in exhaust noise losing the cat but tamed it down going to the V and H Turndowns. My only issue with the Jackpot was I got a early run pipe and was a real problem getting it to seal up properly. Ended up TIG welding the fitting where it meets the aft jug header pipe and no further problems. At idle at least it will dump most of the exhaust out of your right muffler. That is one thing I did like about the Liberty pipe is it had a cross over then back into dual pipes again to distribute the flow better between the two mufflers. Is that a big deal, not really. I would have loved to see before and after dyno numbers when switching my stage 2 set up from stock headers to the Jackpot header. Once I welded the aft pipe I was very happy and would do it again. Makes for a great throaty muscle car sound with the Vance and Hines mufflers.

2014-Up Indian Thunderstroke 2-1-2 Headpipe from TAB

Here is the Fuel Moto Jackpot header

Here is the Liberty X pipe

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
y HD loss some low end torque for sure. Not the case on the RM with fuel moto Jackpot. My dealer talked me into this and I am so happy I listened (for once).
Thanks for the response. The tech at my dealer is also very encouraging, but he says to take full advantage, I should knock the plugs out of the mufflers too. I’m just not sure I want it that much louder- I ride every day, and leave at 6:30am... my poor neighbor 😆

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am in the same boat. I'd like loud pipes but also have reasons to be a bit more stealth at times. Cut outs would be sweet...🤔 Anyhow, does anyone have an idea of the jackpot header with stock pipes (knockouts still in)?

·
Rider
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No because the bikes run better with the catalyst on them, the extra back pressure is the reason, people are getting more horsepower and torque with it on there, it's a proven fact, I had it removed for the heat concern and at the time didn't know it was beneficial to leave it on the bike, what's done is done and as they say live and learn
Maybe with this design but I gained power and a cooler engine on the HD 103 I had. I can trade off a few ponies and pounds to get rid of the furnace.

·
Rider
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I also see there is a guy with the same set up as me on a Fuel Moto video showing a dark horse. Stage 2 cams new jackpot and RCX Slipons. If your a member how is it it running?

·
Bronze member
1,889 Posts
That TAB header is questionable as far as that huge empty can! Can't build much exhaust velocity.

On my Gen 2 exhaust that I did earlier this year which is similar to my Gen 1 mod to the stock header but i lengthened the bifurcation plate by about 1" and incorporated an internal reducer in the cat box.

All I can say is WOW, I did not expect such a huge increase in tork and throttle response! Was a worthwhile mod to my Gen 1 deign.

RACNRAY.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts