Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/08/03/exclusive-how-the-new-indian-chief-was-created-by-greg-brew-polaris-head-director-of-industrial-design/#more-124480
<h3 class='entry-title'><a title='Permanent Link to 'Exclusive Interview. How The New Indian Chief Was Created By Greg Brew, Polaris Head Director Of Industrial Design.'' href='http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/08/03/exclusive-how-the-new-indian-chief-was-created-by-greg-brew-polaris-head-director-of-industrial-design/' rel='bookmark'>Exclusive Interview. How The New Indian Chief Was Created By Greg Brew, Polaris Head Director Of Industrial Design.</a></h3>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really cool. One of the more interesting things was about design and focus groups...

'There were some comments that made us change the fairing. It was a really hard piece to do for a number of reasons: electric windshield, no precedent and fairings are really tough to design.'

Sounds like he may have given out a little extra info. So I wonder if the bike will be kind of like a Harley FL series bike, same basic bike (engine, trans, frame, more or less rolling chassis) with different add on's, just like the Road King, Road Glide, and Electra Glide. That does seem to be a big part of Harley's market that they could take a shot at.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12675 said:
Really cool. One of the more interesting things was about design and focus groups... 'There were some comments that made us change the fairing. It was a really hard piece to do for a number of reasons: electric windshield, no precedent and fairings are really tough to design.' Sounds like he may have given out a little extra info. So I wonder if the bike will be kind of like a Harley FL series bike, same basic bike (engine, trans, frame, more or less rolling chassis) with different add on's, just like the Road King, Road Glide, and Electra Glide. That does seem to be a big part of Harley's market that they could take a shot at.
I hope they take a HUGE shot at the HD demographic. I would love nothing more than a very well made Harley thanks to Polaris.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny...perhaps one slight correction. I was part of a focus group and there was definitely full sized bikes in the room. Guess I'll see in a few hours if that was, in fact, the bike. ;o)

I had a bit of feeback regarding the instruments...while a few guys in the room were die-hard Indian guys who had A LOT of feedback on the little things.

It was a cool experience and the folks at Polaris are top notch enginners and professionals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12675 said:
Really cool. One of the more interesting things was about design and focus groups... 'There were some comments that made us change the fairing. It was a really hard piece to do for a number of reasons: electric windshield, no precedent and fairings are really tough to design.' Sounds like he may have given out a little extra info. So I wonder if the bike will be kind of like a Harley FL series bike, same basic bike (engine, trans, frame, more or less rolling chassis) with different add on's, just like the Road King, Road Glide, and Electra Glide. That does seem to be a big part of Harley's market that they could take a shot at.
The article must have been edited since it was first published because the word Windshield, or Wind for that matter only exists in the comments section, not in the body of the article. Perhaps someone from Polaris made a frantic phone call?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts