Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,288 Posts
Was just about to post this article. I think that's hilarious, they don't even use the word Indian. Bring it, can't wait. This is gonna get a response from Indian.

·
Registered
471 Posts
THIS WILL BE AWESOME!! No matter what way you look at it, we bikers/consumers are the winners!!! I got to say though, I dont pull train cars behind my motorcycle and really dont get the connection with the ability of a bike to do such.. The challenge I would LOVE to see Polaris/HD put on would be inviting all comers (Polaris/HD/Yamaha/Honda/Beemer) with production baggers to a track day to really do some comparisons. Sort of like these two did (start at 18 minutes into the video):

·
Senior member / rider
732 Posts
That’s awesome, HD just told the world there has “never been a better time to join the tribe”, as if they weren’t doing a good enough job selling Indians already!

Just like their two wheeled products this ad is weak, uninspired, and completely missed the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior member / rider
732 Posts
As good as the Challenger is, the BMW K1600B would steal the show. Best performing bagger on the market...at a better price point.
I mean, sure. But if you think people attracted to the styling of an American V-Twin cruiser are the same people (as a whole, I’m sure there are a few) considering purchasing a BMW or Goldwing, you’re mistaken.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dreamed about owning a Polaris when I was younger (granted it was a Polaris Storm 800 snowmobile); but....?

At least HD responded, albeit VERY weakly. Rehashed print/digital ad copy vs. real head-to-head testing, hmmm...

·
Rider
863 Posts

There will be bashers from both sides. My favorite posts come from the well meaning who stare “they love all bikes” but vos with their wallets on the bikes they actually ride. Let’s have people we’re not much different from birds of a feather. This is going to get interesting.

·
Bronze member
2,766 Posts
Well, that does it. I feel like I owe HD...

So, I'm selling all my Indians and buying new Harleys..

Or am I ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think this is great.

As others have said competition benefits the buying public.

When a company has a lock on a market innovation get pushed aside and things generally go stale.

Now we get to enjoy the add wars and better machines to choose from....

1 - 20 of 155 Posts