Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little background: I had a spill back in 2000 and stopped riding, I actually got into tuning little 2 stroke mopeds, those things are a blast. It got me to missing the full bike power though nothing ever spoke to me...BUT Ever since I saw the 2015 Scout I started saving, now I'm in a position to buy a Scout and I'm a excited/nervous, but in a good way. (Fingers crossed that its built on a lazy Tuesday by the A team crew!:))
Anyway, I'm looking to see what kind of discount/ incentives folks have got, right now there is not much for the 2018's. I've negotiated about $500 off MSRP, but still doesn't seem like enough for a winter purchase.
Literally all I can think of lately....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got a 2017 for over 2k off the original msrp and took advantage of the 1.99% apr deal they had going on. I went in to buy a bobber but the price, finance and color made me buy the 2017 Icon edition.

·
Bronze member
2,878 Posts
Also don't discount the Scout 60's.. Add slipons and a Fuel Moto PVCX for power levels about the same as a stock Scout 69 - add in the inexpensive S&S intake and outrun stock Scout 69's... So a beautiful two tone S60 with thousands left over for farkles would be in my view - if I didn't already have a Scout 69..

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
There isn't a lot of mark up in the Scout line so don't expect huge savings on current year inventory at this time. Your best savings will be in previous years. The only way you'll save 2K is on the ICON series since these had hight MSRP, to begin with.
@Indianster Has your best solution if money is tight. Get a Scout 60 and spend a little in performance upgrades and you'll be still below the cost of a stock Scout 69.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Little background: I had a spill back in 2000 and stopped riding, I actually got into tuning little 2 stroke mopeds, those things are a blast. It got me to missing the full bike power though nothing ever spoke to me...BUT Ever since I saw the 2015 Scout I started saving, now I'm in a position to buy a Scout and I'm a excited/nervous, but in a good way. (Fingers crossed that its built on a lazy Tuesday by the A team crew!:))
Anyway, I'm looking to see what kind of discount/ incentives folks have got, right now there is not much for the 2018's. I've negotiated about $500 off MSRP, but still doesn't seem like enough for a winter purchase.
I wish you luck and hope you always atgatt.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Buy what you really want and don't worry about saving a few hundred dollars or even a thousand. In the long run it's a big purchase and the last thing you want is to look back and say for a little more money I could of bought what I really wanted. Trust me, I've been down that could of should of road a few times and learned a lesson.

·
Bronze member
2,878 Posts
Buy what you really want and don't worry about saving a few hundred dollars or even a thousand. In the long run it's a big purchase and the last thing you want is to look back and say for a little more money I could of bought what I really wanted. Trust me, I've been down that could of should of road a few times and learned a lesson.
AND, if anyone is a power junkie, a S69, with properly done-up stage 1, is power a S60 just cannot make at this time.. 102hp vs 89hp...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts