Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Rider
886 Posts
As much as I hate to see vice grips near a motorcycle, that looks kickass.
Is that a standard or mustache bar? Thanks

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I have been contemplating this for a few months now. Coming from the HD world, I have always enjoyed the utility benefits of their lowers. I'm not a big fan of the Indian lowers on the Roadmaster (no offense to those that do like them) but I enjoy the additional wind protections from the lowers. I currently have the Indian soft lowers installed on my Chieftain. They do a great job but not quite the same as the hard plastic ones. I've been researching this and there isn't a lot of info so thanks so much for doing it to your bike and posting the completed pictures.
I do have a question:
1) What modifications, if any, did you do to the HD lowers to get them to fit?

These look wonderful on that bike. Great modification and thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yea I agree w everyone else. great work! I would like to for rig these up on mine. what mods did u do to get a clean install. killer job bud

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the left side lower. No cutting at all on the bottom. I used the aftermarket hardware frame mount (painted matte black cause its chrome) and a piece of the bendy bracket that came with the kit. I just cut and drilled a hole where it meets the fairing hole. You'll need to use vice grips to kinda close the frame mount in order to start the threads.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts