Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, somebody had to start this one. I was at Sloan's in TN today and they got a black one on the floor. My red one should be here next week. I will echo what many there have said. Pictures do not do this beauty justice. The detail and standard features are amazing. While there a guy was trying to trade his Harley for that one. I don't think it was going too well..

·
Registered
958 Posts
Went to dealer yesterday to see what kind of deal I could get on Road Master, trading my loaded Chieftain, well let's just say it didn't go my way. He did tell me I could get pretty much the same deal at 2 years though. So I will probably hang on to it till then, the color I want hasn't been released yet anyway. I am thinking of putting the flared windshield on my Chieftain till then. I will just remove it when I trade it unless I have scratched it somehow.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yup, got me the red and cream roadmaster today, thing is awesome so far, but only rode it about a hundred miles as I had spinal fusion in my neck 13 days ago. Course when the dealer cals on an order ya been waiting a month on, no neck issues gonna stop me. As this is one of the reasons why I was getting a rolling couch in the first place.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yup, got me the red and cream roadmaster today, thing is awesome so far, but only rode it about a hundred miles as I had spinal fusion in my neck 13 days ago. Course when the dealer cals on an order ya been waiting a month on, no neck issues gonna stop me. As this is one of the reasons why I was getting a rolling couch in the first place.
Right on :eek: (and ride on)

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
321 Posts
Rofrech,when did you put money down?I put money down at MOM's in Manchester around 16 Aug.I was told a red and cream would be in last week.They said they got one black one and red and cream end of Oct.Hope this isn't going be like Harley stories from dealers.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just added conchos to the air filter cover and horn cover
Nice, gives the bike a further elegance. I bet that goes well with the gold leaf frame badge modification elsewhere on the forums.

I think I see a big smile on your reflection! I'll have that smile myself tomorrow. I've been waiting a long, long time to own a worthy Indian.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
General overall reply. Happy for all. I noticed S&S has air filter and cover for this bike. Also, anybody done aftermarket exhausts. I reckon premature being a few have been delivered. I ordered the V&H turndowns and am considering the S&S intake.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
General overall reply. Happy for all. I noticed S&S has air filter and cover for this bike. Also, anybody done aftermarket exhausts. I reckon premature being a few have been delivered. I ordered the V&H turndowns and am considering the S&S intake.
The dealer put on the Indian stage 1 slip-ons before delivery, if you want to call that aftermarket. Absolutely love the sound.

20141008_133259[2].jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I want an all red one. It will have to wait until next year, because this Christmas it is a Scout to park next to the Chieftain.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
First Impressions? Awesome bike, only ridden 25 miles or so to home plus that 10 mile ride to the beer store that is 1/2 a mile away. Best bike I've ever ridden, and I've been on a few.

2nd Impression. The warning stickers suck bovine testicles and whoever thought that glue was a good idea needs to be castrated by ants. Sorry, I'm venting, but I'm sure other people will feel the same pain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took delivery yesterday (10/ 08) rdmstr black ,100+miles home . hard to hold back ,wanting to stretch it's legs , can't wait to get it broke in. Rides as great as it looks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Anyone out there taken a leap at removing the script on the lowers and gas tank? Seems like they likely used 3M tape but they are stuck on there pretty good. Ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A hair dryer on low setting should remove the script.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll try it tomorrow. Someone else said to try using a wet washcloth heated in a microwave and then quickly applied to bike. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow. Got me rethinking pipes. Fishtails are crazy cool
Yeah I like fishtails too, and seemed to be a natural style for an Indian. Samson and maybe a few more make fishtails too, if you're looking for a different source than Indian.

I didn't want any warranty hassles on a $27K bike, so the Indian slip-ons were a safe bet even though they cost more than aftermarket. The dealer also reprograms the ECM for a bit more power/torque and better throttle response. I don't know how much, but I can say the throttle response is definitely better than the demo day Roadmaster I rode. I'm also adding the little high flow airbox as soon as it arrives.

The sound is downright sexy. They're plenty loud but not obnoxious at all (I like to hear my stereo). I'm glad I bought them.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts