Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned Victory motorcycles since 2009. My first was a Ness Jackpot...a totally cool bike. I liked the Jackpot so much that I bought a 2011 XC and a 2012 XC Tour. After becoming fully invested in Victory, like many other owners, I started to looked for a rider's forum to to share common information, interests, and experiences....and I found theVog.net. The VOG has indeed been an excellent Forum and has entertained almost every discussion related and unrelated to Victory. It was actually through the VOG that I really got informed and excited about the release of the new Indian, by Polaris. And, it's probably fair to say that the majority of national interest may have, in fact, been generated by VOG, since this is the site where most Victory (Polaris) owners reside.
Well, I now own my first Indian motorcycle, a Red Chieftan, and like many other's have done, I started to look around for something like the VOG, but dedicated to Indian. While there are a lot of 'local' Indian chapters, I could only find one website that was dedicated to general Indian discussions from a Global perspective. In fact, I found out about them from another VOG member. Well, to make a long story short, I back home with the VOG for a whole host of reasons. While the VOG, by name, seems to be dedicated to Victory, they have actually been VERY open to information exchange and discussions across a broad spectrum of cycling and have NEVER, to my knowledge, been intrusive, as a site, on the discussions that have taken place on the Forum...even though some of the discussions may have become controversial and passionate.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, the VOG has been absolutely the best source of information and discussion on the internet about both Victory AND Indian...even better than tha actual Indian corporation website itself. My only concern, as a new Indian owner, is that very few new Indian owners would ever know to look for the VOG, unless referred by another member. So, my question to Andy and other VOG members is, how do we help the Global Indian community find the VOG? Would a name change be appropriate, or is the VOG comfortable with the way things are set up now....I'm just wondering. It would be a shame to lose the invaluable informaton from the VOG currently provided by its members.
Also, as many VOG members may know from previous posts, I'm in the process of forming a 1901 Indian Motorcycle Riders Club and will develop a separate website dedicated to Club members. The Club site WILL NOT operate in competition with the VOG or any other Forum and the site will refer Club members to the VOG for general Indian information and discussions.
It would be great to hear from Andy and other members on this topic. Andy, I hear you're retiring, so I hope the site doesn't disappear into the sunset with you.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I never joined that other forum but I have been to it and reading between the lines of what you have said and what has been said over there, some of those guys are a-holes and thats why I never joined and will remain here and on the IMROA.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19979 said:
I never joined that other forum but I have been to it and reading between the lines of what you have said and what has been said over there, some of those guys are a-holes and thats why I never joined and will remain here and on the IMROA.
I did talk on the phone to an Indian Rep. yesterday, and Indian, the corporation, is going to start their own Indian Club....that's cool, but too often 'corporate' clubs tend to be less 'open' and more biased than a site like the VOG. I'm not saying they will, but that's the risk of a 'corporate' club.
The Indian website illustrates my point. We've discovered a myriad of issues with the new Indian and NONE of them have been fixed or addressed by their site. Even when I've talked to them personally on the phone, they tend to give me 'the Party Line.' With the VOG, ALL discussions are genuine and upfront. While sometimes 'emotionally' based, usually very informative.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If people are actively searching the Internet for Indian information, they will find the VOG easily. The website indexes very well in Google and other search engines. If you look at the Title keywords in the top of your browser, you will see the first keyword is ' Indian Motorcycles' There are also keyword rich posts in the Indian threads that will come up when someone is searching for more specific Indian topics.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14475 said:
If people are actively searching the Internet for Indian information, they will find the VOG easily. The website indexes very well in Google and other search engines. If you look at the Title keywords in the top of your browser, you will see the first keyword is ' Indian Motorcycles' There are also keyword rich posts in the Indian threads that will come up when someone is searching for more specific Indian topics.
I don't know if the search changes by region, but I just did a google search for indian motorcycles and the VOG didn't show up until page 6. If I was a casual browser (eg. a new Indian owner), I probably would have stopped with one of the Indian links earlier.
I don't remember how I found the VOG, but I obviously did. So, it's true that if a person searches hard enough, they will eventually find it....and, maybe that's good enough.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did a search for 'Indian Motorcycle Forum' and the VOG was on the front page.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6269 said:
I did talk on the phone to an Indian Rep. yesterday, and Indian, the corporation, is going to start their own Indian Club....that's cool, but too often 'corporate' clubs tend to be less 'open' and more biased than a site like the VOG. I'm not saying they will, but that's the risk of a 'corporate' club. The Indian website illustrates my point. We've discovered a myriad of issues with the new Indian and NONE of them have been fixed or addressed by their site. Even when I've talked to them personally on the phone, they tend to give me 'the Party Line.' With the VOG, ALL discussions are genuine and upfront. While sometimes 'emotionally' based, usually very informative.
Ive gotta admit, I've found the Indian Website and Facebook page pretty crap. On a par with Indian / Polaris' poor communication, delays, and non existent information sharing. All the most up to date and informative news has come via the Forum, where individuals are able to glean a little information and share it honestly with others. If Polaris are smart they'll listen to what's said here and do something about it, rather than just burying their heads and telling people nothing. Either that or the Indian ambassadors of today could be the detractors of tomorrow.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a reminder: the more people find this site from Google, with reference to Indian, the higher the site will show up on the search, that's how Google works.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least at this point, I can't see why the VOG site can't be a home for
our new Indian owners. It's got the Polaris heritage. Built in Spirit
lake, Iowa, so much of the engineering was done by the same people. Too
much bike for an old fart like me, love my Kingpin Tour, especially after
all the H-D's I've owned. But I, for one, enjoy following the new Indian
start up process teething pains and all.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a great thread! As a new Victory owner as of May 2013, I sure hope the Indian riders remain here on The VOG. We're family, Victory and Indian, brothers from the same parents. Why would we want to split up? The crossover between Victory owners and Indian owners should make our bond stronger, not weaker.

My guess is that the same excellent Victory Tuning Centers will soon be excellent Indian Tuning Centers.

Go Victory Go/Go Indian Go, or if you prefer, Go Indian Go/Go Victory Go

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2847 said:
What a great thread! As a new Victory owner as of May 2013, I sure hope the Indian riders remain here on The VOG. We're family, Victory and Indian, brothers from the same parents. Why would we want to split up? The crossover between Victory owners and Indian owners should make our bond stronger, not weaker.

My guess is that the same excellent Victory Tuning Centers will soon be excellent Indian Tuning Centers.  

Go Victory Go/Go Indian Go, or if you prefer, Go Indian Go/Go Victory Go

Awesome response...Never looked at quite like that....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And we also can see how many trade back for a victory in a year or so when polaris build the ultimate bike..a vision with chieftain electical features/ and cc bag storage.. and before anyone jumps on this post it was all in fun :)) I am glad i dont have to travel all over the internet to learn about the indians, its handy to have all the info in one place.. one day i too might jump across..

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad the Indian folks are here hope more come.I am happy with my Vic. Great thread wish it were longer!!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a feeling the indian forum will turn into just a complaint forum just with my experiences with my new Indian. Don't sell those Victorys because you will need something to ride while your Indian is broken. Glad I did not trade mine in on Indian. Now I rave something to ride while my Indian clutters up my garage. Have had 4 new Vstars to include Vmax, 2 Victorys in last ten years and only maintenance was oil and tires. I have had new Indian for just over a week and every time I ride it, I am afraid I won't make it home. New Error code about every ride.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So your Indian's not running? Did it show the same code every time it ran before it quit?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The VOG is definitely one of the better Motorcycle Forums I have joined and joined many .. Even if were to trade in Both Victory's for an Indian ( No Plans of That Yet ) Will still want to be a part of VOG .. Heck even if went back to Harley would still check in now and then .. Great Forum ..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20132 said:
I have a feeling the indian forum will turn into just a complaint forum just with my experiences with my new Indian. Don't sell those Victorys because you will need something to ride while your Indian is broken. Glad I did not trade mine in on Indian. Now I rave something to ride while my Indian clutters up my garage. Have had 4 new Vstars to include Vmax, 2 Victorys in last ten years and only maintenance was oil and tires. I have had new Indian for just over a week and every time I ride it, I am afraid I won't make it home. New Error code about every ride.
So instead of turning this into ' just a complaint forum ' why not help us out here ?
I have tried to assist you but you complain about the ' huge ' list of codes yet refuse to list them.
We can't help if you don't want it.

If the bike is still running then go for a ride and mark down any codes that come up.
That will at least be a start to dealing with your issues instead of you just coming here and complaining about them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts