Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Silver member
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this movie? I'm watching it at home (in two parts) on Netflix (old style DVD) and I find it thoroughly enjoyable. I watched it years ago before I had my Indian, and wasn't as enthralled with it as I am now. Just wondering if anyone else out there has seen it and has any input. Thanks.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
918 Posts
You are so very correct, great movie. The movie came out I believe in 2006, it was a great interest to me as I was riding a 2000 Chief at the time. The land speed record he established back in 1967 (I think he was 68 or 69 at the time) and still stands;

Munro ratcheted the SA 1000 class record up to 184.087 mph in 1967—a record that has stood the test of time and still stands in what is now the S-AF 1000cc class. All the records were set with his hand-built 1920 Indian Scout based streamliner.

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
962 Posts
I enjoyed the movie. Apparently, my mother-in-law's father rode an Indian back in the day, and she had recommended it to me sometime after I got my bike.

Reactions: kmoulds

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
I was given the DVD before I retired. It put Indian bikes on the map for me, as here in Oz they had no public profile. Then they brought out the new Scout and I was so taken with the design of the bike and my memories of the movie that I figured it might make a good retirement present for myself. I bought the Scout the day before I finished work back in 2016.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Great movie. I watched it before I got my Indian because I love watching motorcycle movies. It's time for me to watch it again.

Phil

·
Silver member
4,984 Posts
My favorite line is in the beginning when Burt is melting down the pistons, "One part Chevy, one part Ford."

That cracked me up!

·
Silver member
4,984 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great flick!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Years ago I was watching TV and the next show was the FASTEST INDIAN. I was thinking it was about some American Indian athlete. I watched and loved the show. Have seem it a couple of times since.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts