Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bobber went into Alba Customs in Edinburgh to have a few changes made. The wait is killing me. I wont be riding it when it comes back out. It will be locked up until the worst of the winter is over ...... but ......if the weather is at least dry when I get it, a wee run through the toon before hitting the garage will be to much to resist.

I will get photos to post up.

Cheers

Toto

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and here is a couple of photos taken yesterday in Alba customs workshop as promised.

and there we have it. I'll post up better photos later. maybe this weekend. these were taken in a quick visit to the workshop whilst travelling between projects in my day job.

I'll pick it up on Saturday and get it out for a spin, weather permitting.

I'm about pissing myself

cheers

toto

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The weather forecast is favourable but I'm waiting for a cyclone to sweep in ..... that's my usual luck. If it wasnt for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

I'll get some more pics this weekend once it's in open view. These dinky little LED indicators are cool ..... but invisible until they are switched on.

Two more sleep night to go. :sleep::D

·
Registered
416 Posts
“My bobber went into Alba Customs in Edinburgh to have a few changes made.”

Would you be so kind as to list the “few changes” you had done?

And yeah those blinkers must be invisible. I sure don’t see them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure thing,

Standard rear tyre 160mm wide changed out for a 180mm wide Avon Cobra.
Standard front tyre 130mm wide changed out for a 150mm wide Avon Cobra
Both fenders removed which takes away the rear subframe. This meant my side mounted license plate had to be mounted underneath the seat.
Mustang seat removed which had to happen due to subframe coming out and replaced by 1920 style floating cantilever seat.
Closure plates to close off battery compartment which used to be hidden by stock or mustang seat.
Stock indicators removed for tiny LED versions ( I'll post the name of supplier up later )
Stock exhaust replaced with Vance and Hines twin slah slip ons.
Stock pegs replaced with Indian floor boards.

I'll be looking at changing shocks later maybe for Razor 111's or ochlins. ....... to be decided.

Hope this helps

Toto

·
Registered
416 Posts
She looks like a sweet ride! I will be very interested and anticipating your reports on your rides. And I’ll say a little prayer for good riding weather for you as well!

·
Rider
1,171 Posts
Happy riding Toto
Wish you good riding weather to enjoy that beautiful scoot.
I do know where you are at with anticipation.
Youll get thru it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the nice comments.

I'll report back over the weekend all going well. I'll also get a pic of the indicators in action and provide the suppliers name for anyone who's interested.

It took a while from me joining to get pictures up but it was just getting a convenient opportunity. I hope the wait has been worth it.

As I mentioned, the mods are not over yet so I'll keep you guys posted as things progress. I want to put a mile or two on her before changing the shocks to get an idea on the change of seat first. The handle bars may get swapped out for beach bars as well but I'm not 100 % certain of that yet. I think the stock bars don't look too bad.

What's your opinion? All ideas and comments welcome.

Cheers

Toto

·
Registered
416 Posts
I can relate. I had to wait 5 nights for my Scout to come up from San Diego. Torture. And as soon as it arrived at my dealer, the weather turned to shit (it had been ideal riding weather for November up to that point). So I can relate on that part too.

This is the price for love (or is it lust...?!?!).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts