Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few months ago, my dealership, Indian motorcycles of Auburn, wa closed their doors suddenly. A victim of bad management by an individual that owned 5 dealerships. When he voted all of them without notice in a single day, Auburn Indian, the one profitable dealership of the 5, was caught in the mess.

Officially announced today through sound rider on Facebook, it will be returning at the same location as Nash Powersports! Spike will be returning as manager. Some of the previous staff have already moved on to other jobs, but I have complete faith that Spike will maintain the awesomeness that made the dealership great!

Happy to have my dealer back!

·
Bronze member
3,440 Posts
good for you... and everyone else that has or wants an Indian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Too bad that Indian dealers can't afford standalone dealerships. A few can but most have to carry other products to keep the doors open. I don't like competing for shop time with UTVs and lawnmowers.

Maybe someday.

·
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have a separate building on the same lot at least...

·
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Opening March 3rd!
It'll take a while to get inventory back up, though.

The owner Aric Muse, let us have the imrg meeting in the empty showroom. We all got to know him a bit, and I'm really happy to say, he's going to do great!

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,787 Posts
Too bad that Indian dealers can't afford standalone dealerships. A few can but most have to carry other products to keep the doors open. I don't like competing for shop time with UTVs and lawnmowers.

Maybe someday.
In Mesa Arizona we had “Kelly’s Victory Kawasaki”. It was the highest or second highest volume (I can’t remember now) dealer in the USA.
When Victory was shut down, Kelly’s asked for Indian. The Indian franchise was given to RideNow inc, (They own lots of dealers even several HD dealers) since RideNow carry’s all of Polaris’s products they were able to demand the Indian. (Politics?)
RideNow never carried Victory’s that I knew of..
So now rather the haveing the Indian at this small specialized (3 dealerships), The Indian sits at a huge dealership in the corner.. and it maybe that the lawnmower repair guy works on your bike.

·
Administrator
16,090 Posts
Outstanding news, Mack! I will have to zoom up there and get a new t-shirt (my old one now being a collectors item, right? )

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
Y
In Mesa Arizona we had “Kelly’s Victory Kawasaki”. It was the highest or second highest volume (I can’t remember now) dealer in the USA.
When Victory was shut down, Kelly’s asked for Indian. The Indian franchise was given to RideNow inc, (They own lots of dealers even several HD dealers) since RideNow carry’s all of Polaris’s products they were able to demand the Indian. (Politics?)
RideNow never carried Victory’s that I knew of..
So now rather the haveing the Indian at this small specialized (3 dealerships), The Indian sits at a huge dealership in the corner.. and it maybe that the lawnmower repair guy works on your bike.
Sure Jeff, but the Indian owners down there who suffer through that gawdawful summer heat of the Phoenix area like you do ;) at least have an alternative dealership to which they can take their bikes if need be...that big and newly redone GoAZ dealership in Scottsdale. And at that one the Indian brand has almost its own separate and large building/showroom facility, although I recall it does share it with a few Polaris ATV models.

And so think of all the poor guys who only have ONE Indian dealership in all their home states.

That's what I think of and helps me feel a little better whenever the thought comes up of the necessity of taking my Springfield down to your neck of woods to have service done, and even though it's still an almost two hour ride from up here in beautiful picturesque Sedona Arizona down to Scottsdale.

(...and when I use this little thought especially so during the aforementioned "gawdawful summer heat of Phoenix Arizona") LOL

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,787 Posts
Y

Sure Jeff, but the Indian owners down there who suffer through that gawdawful summer heat of the Phoenix area like you do ;) at least have an alternative dealership to which they can take their bikes if need be...that big and newly redone GoAZ dealership in Scottsdale. And at that one the Indian brand has almost its own separate and large building/showroom facility, although I recall it does share it with a few Polaris ATV models.

And so think of all the poor guys who only have ONE Indian dealership in all their home states.

That's what I think of and helps me feel a little better whenever the thought comes up of the necessity of taking my Springfield down to your neck of woods to have service done, and even though it's still an almost two hour ride from up here in beautiful picturesque Sedona Arizona down to Scottsdale.

(...and when I use this little thought especially so during the aforementioned "gawdawful summer heat of Phoenix Arizona") LOL
Dwight, your probably the luckiest Indian owner on this forum?
You live among the RedRock and GoDaddy services your bike.
If I had your money, I’d live in your neighborhood too..

And right across the street from your dealer is “Scottsdale Harley”.. The worlds Largest HD dealership, Built and Owned by GoDaddy.
Everyone wants to work for him..
Happy employee, Happy customer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts