Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went to change my air filter on my roadmaster and of the three bolts that hold the cover on. The head stripped out on one. Had to buy two sets of removal tools before I was able to get it out. Then the hunt was on to replace it. My dealer, 10 miles down the road had zero in stock. But they knew another up and coming dealership actually closer to my house (7miles) didn't even have their indian signs up.. had some in stock. Due to the softness of the bolt head I bought several figuring I may have issues next time. Grateful for the optional location...

·
Bronze member
3,167 Posts
I've been running 180/65B/16 Dunlop BIAS tires on the back of my 2018 SDH for the last 45,000 miles and NEVER had any problems or complaints about it.Not to mention,the bias tire gives a better ride and better tire mileage,and I believe cost less then the radial to boot!! Dave!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, supply chain issues are affecting every industry to varying degrees. Try buying a mid grade mountain bike (like a cannondale, specialized or trek) right now, there's roughly a six month wait. I am not saying Indian/Polaris has the best parts availability normally, but they can hardly be blamed for the global supply chain issues going on right now.
Polaris has always been incompetent with their supply chain. Heck Indian Motorcycle can't even deliver apparel to dealers when they commit to a line item forecast. That's as bad as it gets. They get guaranteed commitment from dealers and Indian Motorcycle can't deliver. The company hires a bunch of college kids that don't know anything.That pathetic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds to me that you have shit for a dealership, not to be blamed on Polaris or Indian altogether. I have had nothing but great service from the dealership I deal with for the last few years. And by the way, it’s not the same dealership I bought my Classic from. Don’t be afraid to try somewhere else. If nothing Is available in your area, order online and have it shipped. Nothing I’ve needed with the exception of a new air filter was back ordered in the last five years. Try that instead of talking smack about an entire product line

·
Registered
586 Posts
Polaris has always been incompetent with their supply chain. Heck Indian Motorcycle can't even deliver apparel to dealers when they commit to a line item forecast. That's as bad as it gets. They get guaranteed commitment from dealers and Indian Motorcycle can't deliver. The company hires a bunch of college kids that don't know anything.That pathetic.
I agree. You can tell by the new look of Indian motorcycles. Bunch of college boys took a quick break from playing video games and agreed to copy the looks of Harley Davidson

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well that is why i own an Indian. Because they are different. Not like every other HD. As I have said many times, I ride with 4 -5 other riders that all have HD. EVERY time we stop for gas, complete strangers complement the indian and never say a word about the others!
I like being different and seems like the bike is better even though I have had a couple issues. I am very happy with my purchase and glad to be riding again!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts