Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
The rod between the shifter and linkage (forgive me I'm not a gear head) is kind of not what I was expecting. Very exposed! Though I like the raw look, any thoughts as compared to other bikes and potential for damage?

·
Aspire to inspire before you expire
191 Posts
Give the aftermarket guys a little time--they will have one that looks like an arrow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Magna is like that, though it is much shorter. I never experienced any trouble, even in a crash on the left side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
566 Posts
That shift linkage looks like it as pieced together at Ace hardware. A cad plated setup that was already corroding and turning white on the one I rode last weekend.

·
Registered
558 Posts
That shift linkage looks like it as pieced together at Ace hardware. A cad plated setup that was already corroding and turning white on the one I rode last weekend.
Well I guess we'll have to watch that closely. :(

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That's just like my wife's Sportster linkage. Seems "all" forward type controls are similar. Note, there are different types of cad plating and not sure which is used on the Scout. I hope Indian takes note of the corrosion and improves the plating before we get ours.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The rod between the shifter and linkage (forgive me I'm not a gear head) is kind of not what I was expecting. Very exposed! Though I like the raw look, any thoughts as compared to other bikes and potential for damage?
The tranny shaft is in the perfect spot for a sports bike.... Can you say rear sets.... This engine/frame is begging to be a sports bike....

·
Registered
468 Posts
The tranny shaft is in the perfect spot for a sports bike.... Can you say rear sets.... This engine/frame is begging to be a sports bike....
Hi ultratoad, please visit my "Custom Scout Thread" on this very subject. I started it with a graphic of different custom tank decal badges and it evolves into the sports bike.
The first variant I can see is a crossbreed "Italian Indian" or what I called a 101 Scout Rossi Diavel (Red Devil) loaded with carbon fiber, Aluminum, Magnesium and Titanium components.
just to showcase the Scout's diverse Sport application potential.
To conform to the performance road handling requirements, it's shape would obviously be a dramatic departure from the mid-range "cruiser", Scout that it is now, but that
needed departure should be thoroughly understood from a performance sport bike rider's perspective. There could be two rider positioning variants of the Rossi Diavel: Standard bike (feet mid-rear down) ala
Ducati Diavel and Aggressive Sport Bike Rear sets and MotoGP style clip-ons.
And just to be weird - Rear-sets w/18" Ape Hangers. ;) - Is anyone laughing?

No? ok... meet
Giggles, Huggies and the Bird

Like someone said, two dudes together on a harley is so wrong

:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are so few photos of the drive side of the Indian Scout. I took my opportunity to grab a few photos while I had the bike in front of me!
I like the gloss black sprocket and belt cover. Mine is textured flat black. Would rather have smooth gloss. Do you know if Indian still makes that?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Very similar to the linkage on the bigger 111 bikes. They just hide it well under the floorboard! [joyful]

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is a chick that is doing Sprint Drags on the Scout and it's set-up with rear set controls like a sport bike! It looks pretty sweet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts