Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

The real reason I bought a willow green Vintage...

5K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Lost Hillbilly 
#1 · (Edited)
...because it closely matches my 1960's GE 'Starship Enterprise' electric hand mixer...

and also pretty close to my $200 buck Chinese 335 knockoff...

See less See more
#15 ·
The wife and I saw the color scheme just over two years ago at the Cedar Falls dealership and thought, "hot damn thats a fine set of colors on a hot looking bike, made it look even more nostalgic. The wife said if I could sell the two that we have, I could go get an Indian. Little over two years later it's a done deal.
Sky Cloud Beach Ocean Mountain

I missed my two HD's for maybe two weeks:oops:. Actually till I took Serenity out for her first ride:rolleyes:. Now they are just great memories.:)
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The only thing I really miss, is my springer frontends.:(

Attachments

#16 ·
One of the reasons we bought a Willow Green-Ivory is that my very first vehicle when I was sixteen was a 1969 F100 pickup in the pale green/white color that Ford offered then. Almost the same colors as Indian. Everyone loves their first ride..... So I have come full circle and am back to the vehicle color of my first ride and the memories of youth.

Reactions: Jimmcapp
#24 ·
I bought mine to match the trailer i just happened to have around View attachment 57866
Oooooo............a little close to the rear fender, huh? Most angle their bikes here to get at least a foot between the trailer gate/door and the rear fender. One little 'kiss' from behind will F this bike up. Nice color job...........classy with trailer the same color

#23 ·
Truth be told, it's a 1972 golf cart trailer. I bought it last fall for $300. I paid $75 to have it sand blasted I think. Then epoxy primer for about 50 and 35 for the paint. The aluminum chip guard was $250. Oh, and new LED lights for 40.
All told, my expenses were far less than a brand new trailer would have been. And it came with brand new tires.

#29 ·
My work used to take me on a trip from Atlanta to Charlotte about once a month. This was the same time that Stellican started building Indians at King's Mountain. The first dealership is right outside of Charlotte in a beautiful valanced fender shaped building. I started stopping in and drooling over those gorgeous machines and immediately fell in love with the willow and cream paint scheme. Reds, blacks, and even blues have their amazing points, but that willow green stands out in any crowd. You can't miss it. I owned my for 30 minutes before I stopped and someone asked to take a picture of it. That had never happened to me with any machine before. Now it happens often.

#33 ·
I really like the willow green paint scheme but hopefully Indian will limit the number of willow green bikes they put out. Nothing kills a good thing faster than over kill. In '92 I baught one of the first teal green pick-ups in town. Soon after all you saw were teal trucks, cars, vans everywhere.

I hate teal.

This post has been deleted
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.