Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would have a problem giving money away! LOL! I was reading a feed from Nick (one of the Forum admins) about a Sturgis Veteran's Charity Ride.
How would you guys & gals feel about using our funds for this charity? I sent them an email and this is the correspondence between us:

Hello Richard and thanks for reaching out to us. Our Donate page is scheduled to be up and running by the end of this month.
As of today, we are riding for 2 veteran charities, the Wyakin Warrior Foundation (www.wyakin.org), which we rode for and raised thousands of dollars for last year, and our now expanding Veterans Charity Ride non-profit which takes wounded and amputee veterans on monthly Motorcycle Therapy excursions, which are mini versions of our big Sturgis ride and program.

Please let me know if you’d like to set up a time to chat further on this. My contact details are included below.

Ride safe,
Indian Dave (Veterans Charity Ride Founder)

Dave L. Frey
Producer Full Vision Productions
Ph# 323-285-5665
3115 Foothill blvd. #109. La Crescenta CA. 91214
www.fullvisionproductions.com
[email protected]

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/veteranscharityride/

On Mar 17, 2016, at 5:23 AM, richardeames wrote:
Our Forum Riders (IndianMotorcycles.net) are donating the profits from our patch sales we have generated (over $1,000 as we speak) and we are looking for a Veteran's charity and/or biker's related charity. If you could pass along your list of charities we would appreciate it.
Many Thanx,
Richard S. Eames

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Just keep the products coming and we will keep buying - LOL

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I look forward spending more money to support charities. Maybe Calendars of the last 12 bikes of the month

Reactions: nathansilk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm 100% in.... both groups look like they are putting smiles on faces, which put a smile on mine!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I sent him an email and encouraged him to log on and tell us about their organization. We'll see what happens. I said it wasn't necessary, but it would help their cause, and help generate more donations.
I'd be interested to know how they vet (the verb, sorry) their charities. I want the money to go to vets, not non-profit corp managers.

Maybe he can also pick a vet on this site to be on the ride. I know we have quite a few.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sent him an email and encouraged him to log on and tell us about their organization. We'll see what happens. I said it wasn't necessary, but it would help their cause, and help generate more donations.
Hi Richard, I just posted in another thread (2nd-Annual Veterans Charity Ride to Sturgis) and I would like to start off by saying the same thing I said there.
"Hello everyone, first let me apologize up front for not being familiar nor proficient with online forums and how they work.
I am the founder of the Veterans Charity Ride to Sturgis." Please forgive me for any mistakes I make as I learn how to post on this forum.

I look forward to working with you and all the other interested Indian riders who would like to know more about our Motorcycle Therapy program for veterans.

Here's what we do:
We take wounded and amputee veterans on Indian motorcycles, trikes and sidecars from Los Angeles to the Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota. In 2015 we took 8 veterans and in 2016 we are taking over twice as many.

We’ll spend over a week riding on America’s most beautiful roads, getting to know each other and helping each other with Motorcycle Therapy. The shared experiences of serving brings them together, veteran to veteran to help each other heal. We also show the Veterans just how much their service means to America, by stopping in towns along the way to meet the people of our grateful nation to celebrate these brave men and women.

Once in Sturgis, we spend the week of the rally, riding the Black Hills, attending events and giving the Veterans the unique “Sturgis Experience”.

Thank you all for your support and we hope to see you out on the road.

Cheers!

Indian Dave

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Received this correspondence today from Indian Dave:
Good morning Richard,
No worries on the posting. I logged in and responded in two threads, but as I say, I am not proficient with forums.
I am not bad with Facebook, you can send me a friends request to NDN Dave and we can connect there also.

I will keep you informed as we move forward with the fiscal sponsorship of Veterans Charity Ride. It should be complete by the end of March.

Cheers!

Indian Dave

richardeames wrote:

I hope you don't mind, but I posted our communications on our forum, and it seems like everyone likes the idea. You don't have to if you don't want, but if you wanted to go to our forum and join up, introduce your organization and tell us about it purpose. It would probably generate even more independent donations from our members. We are not 1%ers, just a collection of like-minded Indian Motorcycle owners with diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to a great partnership with your organization.
Regardz,
Richard Eames
Aka Chief Signguru

1 - 17 of 17 Posts