Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
What colour? Ours was the first black one delivered to NC. II saw plenty of red ones delivered to the OC & SD dealerships but no other colours.

·
Registered
441 Posts
yup, don't have mine. Killing time reading the threads and looking at photo's. Nice day hear at over 50, could be riding if I had my Red Scout.

·
Registered
733 Posts
What does the roll out of the 2015 Indian scout and the launch of " The Affordable Health Care Act" have in common. Answer both made a lot of americans sick to there stomach. One thing they truly have in common is you have to put your money down long before you get a chance to see whats in them. Thank you Nancy Pelosi and Polaris Industries for making things clear for us.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I already have my Scout. I'm just here to inflate the reply count on this thread and, hopefully, annoy some of you people who don't have your Scouts yet.

Is it working?

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Excellent! A job well begun is a job half done!

I put mini floorboards on last week. Much better than the pegs, IMHO.

Just, you know, to rub it in a little bit more ... ;)

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The angle is very adjustable - 360 degrees front/rear adjustment plus a set screw in from the side of the splined adapters to raise or lower the angle from the outboard position. The scout peg mounts have a hole in the center that the set screw will slip into if you try to flatten them out too much though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awesome - Thanks for sharing your pic's - I am looking at some similar only all black instead of chrome. They are a winner!! :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I went back and forth between the all black and the chrome for about a week before ordering the chromes. I'd love to see what the black ones look like installed. (hint hint)

I guess I have to wait until you get your Scout first though ... :(

·
Registered
430 Posts
Those look great. I wish you had started your own thread concerning these, I wouldn't have seen this unless i was trolling through this thread. You still might want to so others can share on this awesome upgrade.

Anyhow, did this change how your foot touches the shifter and does it angle different than the regular foot peg?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I might just do a separate thread just for this tomorrow when I have more time - right now it's time for beers and lounging. ;)

I found the pegs very uncomfortable - could be that I'm spoiled from a decade or two of riding with floorboards. The great thing about these floorboards is that they have multiple mount points so you can move them forward or back as needed. I used the center mount point, and angled the front of the boards up slightly with a slight uplift from the side. You can position them in seemingly a thousand different ways to get the right feel with the shifter/brake pedal, which will be different for each rider..

Reactions: Gort and 2263
1 - 20 of 97 Posts