2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommended by Gort, gives everyone a place to get on their soap box :rolleyes:

Reactions: Edward Walsh

·
Registered
672 Posts
Recommended by Gort, gives everyone a place to get on their soap box :rolleyes:
Guess I'll be the first. Guilty as charged! No Scout, no answer from Polaris on my inquiry about my order (day ten and still counting), haven't received the email coupon either... two more and i'll have a flush. What do I win Bob?............. Bob............ now where'd he go.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Guess I'll be the first. Guilty as charged! No Scout, no answer from Polaris on my inquiry about my order (day ten and still counting), haven't received the email coupon either... two more and i'll have a flush. What do I win Bob?............. Bob............ now where'd he go.
hang in there....the bike is totally worth the wait. Besides, its snowing today

·
Registered
656 Posts
Was mid 60's here in Prescott - could have been riding my Scout but NOOOOO, along with NO answers from Polaris on my inquiry either and NO email/coupon.. Guess Creteguy and I have somehow got on someones $hit list to be ignored.. I promise to be good from here on out..:D

·
Registered
458 Posts
I ordered mine on Aug 6. Still no Scout. Went to my dealer today to cash in my $200 apparel voucher. Got some nice stuff (limited significantly to stock on hand in my size, since you aren't allowed to order from the Indian website), but would rather have my Scout. Dealer still had no idea when I would get my Scout, though corporate had finally told them officially that there were some production/QA issues that they are overcoming, and set them back a bit. The dealer also told me that they aren't going to notify customers when Indian notifies them of shipment, because at this point they aren't going to believe it until it arrives either...

Reactions: ThunderScout

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Willride and others who ordered back in August and September,
Did you receive a confirmation letter from Indian / Polaris?
If so how long after you paid your deposit down ?

I'm just trying to make some sense out of their out of order delivery process. What if some dealers waited awhile before placing the order for your bike ? That would have allowed other orders to come before yours. I don't know why a dealer would do this but it could happen.

I paid down on Nov. 12 and Indian Motorcycles sent me the order confirmation email with a order number the next day. I'm just asking how that process was for you guys last summer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered on September 17th and received my confirmation via email before I left the dealership. Got a phone call the day after Thanksgiving that it would be in w/in 2 weeks. Never received the call. Called them last Thursday, and was told it should be in sometime between January 24th and February 4th.

They called me back later that day to tell me about the $200 coupon. Still waiting on "The Call".

·
Registered
558 Posts
This seemed like an appropriate place to post a few Pics of Dredd with Accessories installed. "I don't have my Scout..." but have sympathy for all you waiting. Take a look at the Windshield. This is from MRA, and $230ish from Twisted Throttle with the shield and hardware.
Dredd-1.jpg
Dredd-2.jpg
Dredd-3.jpg

I'm still deciding how I feel about the Windshield? I like that it is very adjustable, seems to hold up to 85 MPH speeds, no shaking, clear vision, haven't tested above that for any length. It does the job of cutting the wind from my chest but not much protection (a bit of a draw back) on my shoulders as this is not a wide screen. Guys at the dealership thought it looked good, mentioned it was sporty but looked good on the Judge. I think it looks good but not great, for the size there's a feeling of a lot of hardware with little screen but it appears tough as nails and once adjusted, doesn't move. The top wing allows for lots of wind management and helmet buffeting can be eliminated.

I mostly posted this as a possible alternate windshield for the budget conscience Scout owner.

I'll keep it for now, maybe look at something else a few years down the road and it will be interesting over time to see how this holds up to the rigors of use.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Ordered on September 17th and received my confirmation via email before I left the dealership. Got a phone call the day after Thanksgiving that it would be in w/in 2 weeks. Never received the call. Called them last Thursday, and was told it should be in sometime between January 24th and February 4th.

They called me back later that day to tell me about the $200 coupon. Still waiting on "The Call".
Which them did you call who told you those dates... Dealer or Polaris?

G

·
Which them did you call who told you those dates... Dealer or Polaris?
I ordered mine on sept 19,got conf email before i left dealership. I wonder if some dealers didn't place orders when deposits were made.Maybe some ordered in bunches.Besides stopping at dealership every few weeks only info i got was when i got The Call!

·
Registered
672 Posts

I'm just trying to make some sense out of their out of order delivery process. What if some dealers waited awhile before placing the order for your bike ? That would have allowed other orders to come before yours. I don't know why a dealer would do this but it could happen.

I paid down on Nov. 12 and Indian Motorcycles sent me the order confirmation email with a order number the next day. I'm just asking how that process was for you guys last summer?
I ordered mine August 7th, got a conf # August 8th

·
Registered
733 Posts
Having sat on both sides of the desk in a dealer showroom over the years I can vouch for the fact that no one at the dealer level takes any pleasure in not delivering product. In most cases you simply don't get paid until as the expression goes " its over the curb." Even then the sales man or girl; modern times now, dosn't get paid for another week or two. I think I'm safe in the assumption if the product was rolling in, dealers would be pushing product out. Polaris is at fault here and six to eight weeks should be about the average wait time from order to notification that the unit is in the distribution system. Longer wait times are an indication of problems on the line or in very rare cases some weasel deal to get product to areas where demand is high and supply is low. In this case I think the Polaris record with Victory is more expository then anything else. Production numbers for victory are far lower then most of the other major brands. A demonstrated inability to sell the sizzle of their own product as oppossed to that of Harley Davidson. A corporation structure focused much more on off road vehicles and oh yes even military equippment. Finally the knowledge that by not being swayed by the jugernaut that is Harley image and advertising, a Victory or Indian buyer is less impulsive and thus more inclined to be patient and settle for Polaris time lines. It is pretty clear in the main office if you have opted for a Polaris built motorcycle you have looked at the competition and for what ever reason not been impressed or satisfied. If one looks even at their promotions $1000.00 on a $20,000.00 machine is a mere 5% and we know that is covered by the trade offer. In conclusion if patience is a virtue then we Indian buyers will have to take comfort in the idea that we are the most virtuous bikers out there.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dealer contacted me last evening: " We received a note from Indian a couple hours ago saying:
"....As of today, our plan is to complete production of Scouts 1st Run orders by end of February. "

·
Registered
458 Posts

I ordered mine at the dealership on Aug 6, and received email confirmation of my order from Polaris/Indian corporate the next day.

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
Dealer contacted me last evening: " We received a note from Indian a couple hours ago saying:
"....As of today, our plan is to complete production of Scouts 1st Run orders by end of February. "
At least some good news, I can wait another 5 weeks, assuming their "plan" has some teeth, and not just wishful thinking. Giving an end date would indicate that they have solved whatever issues they had.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Reserved mine from Indian website on Aug 17. Four hours later received Email from Polaris Industries stated to finalize at Dealer. Finalized and received conformation August 19th.

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts

Reserved my Scout at the dealer and paid my deposit Sept 16th. I never received any kind of contact or confirmation from Indian/Polaris. Not sure that they even have my email at this point in time. But I did get the call from my dealer 12/15 that my Scout was at the dealership. Delivered 12/24 to my house

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ordered mine on September 19th at a demo ride (with deposit) - by the time I got home that day I had my confirmation email from Polaris. But no email since then from Polaris. Dealer has shown me her shipping screen I am # 1 of 5 Red Scouts they have on order and all say under shipping date TBD. The other 3 Scouts they took First Run orders for were for Black and Silver - they have already gotten and delivered them before the end of last year. So my guess is those darn Red ones gave Polaris issues. Just hope they get it all fixed!! We have some rain and 'cooler' temps today and tomorrow so it's ok that Lil Red waits!

1 - 20 of 1343 Posts