Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘15 Vintage was parked (in 1st gear) alarm set at my hotel. I went to start the bike a few hours later, lights up, but the screen indicated - - (no gear #). Flip red switch to on, pump ran, pull in clutch, nothing. Find ‘N‘, nothing. Couldn’t power off the bike. Walked away, came back 5 mins later, still powered up (so much for the auto-power off). Key fob battery, right? Well, walk down to local convenie store, no battery. Open fob, reinsert battery. Walk back, still powered up. At least 25 mins passed at this point, so thinking by the time morning comes, dead bIke battery. I decide to move the bike and alarm goes off (sorry to those sleeping at 0200 hrs). Alarm stops, I walk back to the bike & voila’, bike shows 3rd gear. I hop on, pull in clutch and bikes running. Take it for a quick spin (no beeps or blinking power light) and I park it and shut it down. Put power to it again and all’s well. After a few hours of shuteye, the bike acted like normal. VERY ODD why it would not respond to power button or do its own power off.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when the VCM goes gaga (happened to me 2-3 times in 5 years ownership) I just open the fuse box and pull the two large breakers and put them back in.

voila

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I recall my ‘17 Roadmaster did the same and the mechanic pulled one of those fuses to reset that bike. Too many Busch Latte’s!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts