Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed and used the new Indian Pathfinder Adaptive LED Headlight? I currently have a HogWorx LED that works significantly better than the OEM headlight. however it is not adaptive. I am curious to see if it lights up the road better than the HogWorx.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I love my adaptive. My biggest issue is losing visibility in the turns. Wouldn’t go without it at night.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes I put it in my 2016 Springfield. Very easy to install. Plug and Play. But and I mean a big but. 2 weeks after I installed it my VCM ended up getting replaced due to an over draw of current. The old headlight had burned out the connector on it. Dealer noted that the old head light caused it. IT IS BRIGHT THOUGH! Now my cruise control will not stay on so its back to the dealer next week. I like the light though.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Thank you for the info.
Losing visibility in turns?
I am pretty sure the means losing visibility without the adaptive light. Someplace on here I did a write up about 18 months ago on the JW speaker Gen 1. Picking up visibility in the curves is noticeable with an adaptive headlight..

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thank you for the info.
Losing visibility in turns?
Yep. When you lean a bike the light also leans. The adaptive headlight lights additional leds to fill the dark area of a turn. It works fine on long turns but it works amazing on slower sharper turns! Helps you see things like the road, or deer.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Waiting for my driving lights to come in for my 2020 Chieftain Dark Horse. Based on this thread, seems that I would be better served to also add the adaptive headlight, as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts