Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/ToIqheE59m0?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

Comments?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds good, really good! They probably did a little sound editing to reduce the tranny clunk, or maybe it is quiet. The Indian really is a beauty. I think one would look great sitting next to my Vision in the garage!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great choice for a spokesperson!! I hope they are successful!! Exciting stuff. Just be ready for a let down. These reveals always leave us wanting more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate to say it but......'I TOLD YOU SO'.......yes sirree bob......I called it!....LOL!

I'm optimistic.....you know....the glass half full thingy. Sounds like their 'all in'.

From the recording, it sounds great!
Thanks Andy.....By the way, did you get all your wieght back on before the big day this month?

Your secret's safe with me!
LOL

Merry Christmas, be safe ya'll

Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds great. does this mean the prices will drop? doubt it. that's why fail may happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
10799 said:
Why can't they make the others sound that good stock
Listening to that motor, I will bet you anything that it is a pushrod V-Twin and I bet it will be very similar to the one in the Star Raider and Roadliner.....and I hope that it is because that is one fantastic powerplant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whatever it is it sounds like its on a 60 degree crank or a dual pin narrow V. The pulses are even with no skips. Too bad is not an inline 4 like their heritage would dictate.

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/w7k1qLPYPBQ?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 said:
<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/ToIqheE59m0?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

Comments?
It sounds like it's about 115 cubic inches.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK - after some time to reflect - what do you bet that the stock Indian will not sound like the sound clip. Maybe a bit of bait and switch going on??? If it does, I will buy one. If it doesn't, I'll now be very disappointed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find it interesting that Polaris is already marketing the sound of the future Indians. I say that as it seems one of the drawbacks some potential Victory owners have is that the Freedom 106 engine does not sound like a Harley. We all know that, for the most part, the Freedom 106 seems to be more reliable than the Harley motors, but it's missing that sound that is associated with the most successful lineup of heavyweight crusers. I think it's safe to say that Polaris will be targeting existing Harley riders as future Indian owners.

I'll also be surprised if the new Indians will sound like the clip Polaris provided, or if it will take a number of mods to create that sound.

I'll add that missing 'clunk' sound could be an indication of a newly designed transmission. Or, as another poster pointed out, possibly the clip has been edited and maybe it's computer generated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4004 said:
what do you bet that the stock Indian will not sound like the sound clip?
Vrooom... POW! -- CLUNK!... Vrooooooooooom... POW! -- CLUNK!... Vrooooooooooooooooooooom... POW! -- CLUNK!...

4004 said:
If it does, I will buy one.
I won't base my decision on whether or not the new Indian motorcycles sound just like this clip...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's no inherent reason a modern motorcycle transmission needs to clunk. A clean sheet design, especially one where the trans is a separate component or housed in the same casting but isolated does not need to clunk going in and out of gear. Perhaps Polaris has gotten over their inferiority complex and will design something modern instead of trying to appease old school thinking. That was Indian's claim to fame in the early years and Polaris needs to rekindle that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1522 said:
Listening to that motor, I will bet you anything that it is a pushrod V-Twin and I bet it will be very similar to the one in the Star Raider and Roadliner.....and I hope that it is because that is one fantastic powerplant.
Yeah I agree but doesn't that one run on rice?....LOL

Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2610 said:
Whatever it is it sounds like its on a 60 degree crank or a dual pin narrow V. The pulses are even with no skips. Too bad is not an inline 4 like their heritage would dictate.

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/w7k1qLPYPBQ?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>
thanks, that was wonderful.......and 'that's what I'm talkin about'......How cool is that!

Cap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought I heard a little 'potato potato' action going on at idle. It sounds fine and I'm sure lots will love it. I gotta admit, even though I knew the chances were slim I was kinda hoping to hear something that sounded like an inline 4.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts