Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys and girls. This is obviously debatable. However, I am very excited about this new intake for the 111's. I have been working on it for months now. It is made from solid polished aluminum and has a large K&N filter. The arrow shape (hence the name "Arrow") lends itself well to the Indian brand. It does have more filter area than any other intake with the exception of the Thunder Works "Air Monster". This means it will allow air into your intake with less resistance compared to all other intakes. When combined with a fuel computer and a good exhaust....you can get the most out of your engine. I will be posting more photos and a video soon. It will be up on the website www.IndianAftermarket.com in a few days. The price will be $499.95 plus $19.95 shipping. The only drawback is it is so big that it touches your leg while riding. Call 954-247-1450 or check the website and this forum thread as I post more details.
IMG_6652.jpg

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
It seems like I've seen that shape somewhere before.....

flying v.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Marcus ...
what is your targeted market segment?
How many units do you need to sell to recoup development/tool cost?
Have you made a comprehensive list of TS111 air intakes and their prices lately (competition analysis) including latecomers like Kuryakin and Arlen Ness?
What is your unique selling point?

Sorry ... but maybe these questions help you to position your product a bit better.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Vendor / bronze
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Indian market is very small. My competitors make a few products trying to capture sales in a normal business effort. The products I make are based on the ability to make small quantities. They are designs that I like. I realize many people won't like everything I make. Pricing is based on time and material. Stuff made in China is much easier to sell cheap. We machine, cast, laser cut, and assemble everything in America. I don't gear up and have them made in China. The market is too small in my view. It will eventually grow. If you look at www.IndianAftermarket.com you will see that we offer the most diverse selection of parts for the Indians. There is nothing wrong with the intakes made by my competitors but they sure look like ordinary Harley parts. Some people want to have something unique. This intake is expensive but it is the highest air flow over everyone else. It has a unique look that some will want. Obviously, you buy can whatever you like. Enough people like my stuff and buy it. I love these bikes and enjoy designing new stuff. I have a new product every few weeks. If I make an intake that looks like an Aren Ness intake, people will choose the Arlen Ness because of the name. Indian bikers tend to be independent thinkers and look for unique items. This is what I do and I hope to please as many of you guys as possible. Ride safe.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
The Indian market is very small. My competitors make a few products trying to capture sales in a normal business effort. The products I make are based on the ability to make small quantities. They are designs that I like. I realize many people won't like everything I make. Pricing is based on time and material. Stuff made in China is much easier to sell cheap. We machine, cast, laser cut, and assemble everything in America. I don't gear up and have them made in China. The market is too small in my view. It will eventually grow. If you look at www.IndianAftermarket.com you will see that we offer the most diverse selection of parts for the Indians. There is nothing wrong with the intakes made by my competitors but they sure look like ordinary Harley parts. Some people want to have something unique. This intake is expensive but it is the highest air flow over everyone else. It has a unique look that some will want. Obviously, you buy can whatever you like. Enough people like my stuff and buy it. I love these bikes and enjoy designing new stuff. I have a new product every few weeks. If I make an intake that looks like an Aren Ness intake, people will choose the Arlen Ness because of the name. Indian bikers tend to be independent thinkers and look for unique items. This is what I do and I hope to please as many of you guys as possible. Ride safe.
Does K&N make a filter in that shape? Or is it a round one inside there?

I actually like the look, but I just bought the Indian Air Cleaner/Breather and I'm not looking to replace it--that gets expensive really quick. Does it have the ram air scoop to cool the rear jug like the Indian?

It seems to be priced at about the same point as the other replacement breathers on the market, I don't think the price is too high.

I have to admit that the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a Gibson Flying-V. Then again, I like that guitar as well.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
K&N makes the filter in that shape. But the kit comes with the filter so it should last for many years. Recharge kits cost about $13. You simply remove the filter and wash it the the soap in the kit. Then after drying for a few hours in the sun, you spray the oil on it and you are ready to go.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The installation process involves removing all of the vents that Indian includes. These vents are helpful since the stock intake blocks the air flow. With this new set up the air can flow behind the intake and cool the rear cylinder head even better. I haven't tested it but it looks like the rear head will be cooled much more. And the intake looks large because it is large. That is the point. The filter is bigger than any other brand. Therefore more air is available for the engine. The intake has to suck the air into the engine. The less restriction the greater the flow. The next step higher is to super charge or turbo charge. You don't need this unless you want more power from your engine. In fact most of the aftermarket intakes will increase the air flow. This one just does it to a higher a degree. This for Americans that like Texas, apple pie and freedom. (And have a spare $500.)

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me personally you will never see it on my bike.
Exactly, looks like a GIANT air breather with a small Motorcycle attached to it !

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

1 - 20 of 48 Posts