Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my service manual today. On page 1.25 they list the 2015 Roadmaster models and paint codes. They list Springfield Blue as a model option.

There's also 3 different versions of each color as a model. I'm guessing that's a 49 state model, a California model, and an overseas model....but all versions include Springfield Blue.

I know they list the trunk and lower fairing in Springfield Blue as "accessories".

Maybe later this year?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I am still pondering purchasing the tour pack (blue) maybe if my dealer gives me a good price.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the Springfield blue had been available when I bought mine it would have been my first choice. Springfield blue with black leather, that would look good.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
Reactions: rankdog and 2022

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,390 Posts
That's a color I was thinking of but with cream as well. The accessory tour pak looks smaller than a Roadmaster tour pak though I think. What do you think?

Looks like the same size. The black may make it look smaller. Dean

·
5,808 Posts
Looks like the same size. The black may make it look smaller. Dean
You may be correct. The darker color and tan saddle to my eye makes the red/cream of the Roadmaster just look a little bigger. The blue/cream was a Chieftain with and added tour pak accessory. Guess there could be a difference scale too which would account for it.

Edit: But look at the difference in spacing of the antenna.

Reactions: 2022

·
3,390 Posts
I see what you are talking about but it has to be scaling. I can't see Indian making two different sized tour packs. Dean E

·
5,808 Posts
Yeah I don't know. It came straight off the Indian web page so you would think everything would be to scale. But when I was doing it that size popped for me and I liked the smaller package enough that I was going to go to a dealer and find out. It would be real strange though to have two different boxes I agree. Could it be the first ones were smaller as add-ons before they started the Roadmaster line and now have a different vender?

·
3,390 Posts
Yeah I don't know. It came straight off the Indian web page so you would think everything would be to scale. But when I was doing it that size popped for me and I liked the smaller package enough that I was going to go to a dealer and find out. It would be real strange though to have two different boxes I agree. Could it be the first ones were smaller as add-ons before they started the Roadmaster line and now have a different vender?
I doubt it. Even if they went with a different vendor I would think the size would not change. I even doubt they vendor this out. I think the only things they vendor out are the accessories. That is why it is taking so long to get them. Dean E

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
958 Posts
So I got my service manual today. On page 1.25 they list the 2015 Roadmaster models and paint codes. They list Springfield Blue as a model option.

There's also 3 different versions of each color as a model. I'm guessing that's a 49 state model, a California model, and an overseas model....but all versions include Springfield Blue.

I know they list the trunk and lower fairing in Springfield Blue as "accessories".

Maybe later this year?
yes I had it on pretty good account that there will be a springfield blue and crème later this year (15). I can't say who as I don't want to get him in trouble.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
yes I had it on pretty good account that there will be a springfield blue and crème later this year (15). I can't say who as I don't want to get him in trouble.
Blue and Ivory, great color combination, I really like it on my 2015 Chieftain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts