Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last Saturday, the wife and I got on our 2016 Chief and went to a bike rally supporting autistic kids. It was mostly clubs there and they all were riding Harleys. We had the only Indian there. They were all going on about how nice the bike looked and how good it sounded. Strangely enough when it come time to give out trophies for the best looking bikes, it was all Harleys. Some of the bikes that won did not look near as good as the Indian and were even dirty! Frankly I think they just couldn't bring themselves to admit the Indian outshined them all! lol

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,948 Posts
I get the same with nearly all events I go to. It seems people stay with what they are familiar with. I did a car and motorcycle show last month. All kinds of people stopped and admired the Roadmaster, photos and selfies with the bike, lots of questions and compliments. Way more attention than any of the harleys.

I got the judge's award for best paint, but even it came to the people's choice award? The genetic looking black Harley. One of three identical harleys at the show. Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
12,104 Posts
If I’m the event organizer and I’ve got 85 Harleys and one Indian, and I want to have everybody come back next year to support my cause again, simple economics tells me I better give awards to Harleys.

·
Rider
826 Posts
I entered my Vintage in a local bar’s first annual bike show. There were maybe 20 bikes, mostly Harley’s. To my surprise, I won best of show!
Judges spent a fair amount of time looking over my bike, and I guess they decided the Indian looked the best. I totally agree.

·
Rider
826 Posts
No, the local bar and a few local businesses were sponsoring the show. I’m hoping there’s a bigger turnout next year with more Indians. Mine was the only Indian.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
perhaps they need to use someone that don't own a bike to be a judge or a honda rider as a judge. lol
But Huge high 5 for supporting the autistic kids in the world.
few yrs back our chapter has an annual fallen heroes bbq/poker run, well i got wind of one of our members who has a child with autism. they trying to raise money, so i being myself. set up a jar for donations. When total was $30 i would cut my hair to one inch long, $500 i would cut my hair to little more than bald. $1000 bucks an i would shave it all off. Raised $625. The mothers employer got wind of it an matched my 625. They got a dog trained for autisic children.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts