Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

The Lilith Challenger (2020 Challenger Limited)

20K views 115 replies 34 participants last post by  Omega 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start up a build thread to share my progress along the way.
I’m Jason, the artist/owner at Brave Wolf Customs. I recently traded in my 2017 Roadmaster Classic on the new 2020 Challenger and almost immediately got to work on some custom graphics for it. I’ve got a couple sponsors lined up already with more to come.
For now, I’ve got some pics to share with the progress so far:

E71B474F-56C1-487C-A7C3-FE18DEFD8A01.jpeg54DC9478-4FC6-4984-8101-001BB93A6FAF.jpegC7143CD2-8751-4944-B260-351FB86FFCC1.jpeg

That’s the tank graphics I designed to kick off the theme I’m going for.
And then I had TAB Performance come on board as our first sponsor. We’re putting the B.A.M. Sticks exhaust with Zombie baffles on the bike, so the artwork I designed for the saddlebags features zombies!
2BDB4E24-A248-4992-9E49-717BFD07465A.jpeg86925836-E21F-4E46-B81F-33F386FB3EB5.jpeg

Next up, Klockwerks is on board with the build and we’ll be installing their wind shield and handle bars. We’re currently working on fairing art and I’ll share that when we get there!

#LilithChallenger

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks RoadmasterD! LOL, that's awesome, no that wasn't my intentions but I like your thinking. My thinking was that the loud "zombie noise" originated from that area so I wanted to put the zombies there, and I had the horde running forward so they'd be moving down the road in the same direction as my bike

#13 ·
I re-visited the Zombie saddlebag designs:
After I created the life-size template of the saddlebag with plastic wrap and shipping tape, I realized that the curvature of the bags aren't too severe and would support a full solid decal to cover the whole side (the original design had a cut-out area to account for the protruding curve design. A solid decal is a better choice because it keeps the color true (there will be a slight difference in the red color between the paint and the decal).

Plastic wrap is easy to stretch over the surface to cover the paint. Then you can use clear packing tape to cover it all and strengthen it to a shell that represents the actual shape and size of the bags. Then using a sharpie marker, I can draw the outline of the bags that my graphics have to fit inside of. Then I scan the template into my PC in true 1/1 size and clean up the lines so that I have a digital art template:

Next, you'll see that the new design adheres to the true shape of the bags.

Similarly, my tank decal design was adjusted after creating the tank template in the same way:

The final version of the Lilith tank decals ended up be larger than originally planned once I was able to see the full amount of space available for the graphics:

All my graphics are on the way so I'll be able to install those soon. Our TAB Performance exhaust was scheduled to be here tomorrow but we'll see how that goes with the "Sally" storm bearing down on us tonight and tomorrow (I'm in Long Beach, MS - in the path of the storm).

#26 ·
The bike has already served the purpose of getting an interesting discussion started. I'm with magnavra, basically, although I also see the skill.

Chief Signguru's point about the skull is interesting; the Sugar Skull motif from the Day of the Dead is the most interesting representation of that type of idea, to me. In motorcycling, I just think the whole "skulls and mad, scary bikes/biker" think has been so overdone it's become a somewhat silly cliche.

But keep on carping those diems everyone!

#30 ·
Wulf, you are very talented and while I'm not in the market for that type of design on my motorcycle, I can appreciate the effort it took making both the tank and bag graphics and the results you were hoping for turned out well for you. I do, however, like your Nizhoni head dress tank design.

#32 ·
Thank you sir, much appreciated! I think my Nizhoni design is one that I'm most proud of. Some years ago I had designed the Indian Girl Warbonnet for myself for my Scout and it kind of started all of this for me. When I designed the Nizhoni one, I owned a 2017 Roadmaster Classic and I wanted a graphic that had a bit more realism to it and looked painted. I also really love the look of eagle feathers, which is something majestic in my opinion. I totally understand why it's illegal to possess them, but if it wasn't, I'd have some decorating a wall in my house. So that's how I designed Nizhoni and then the other designs that look like that one are all based on frequent requests I get from customers (Skull Warbonnet, and the Chief Warbonnet).

#36 ·
Despite being all locked down and prepped for Hurricane Sally, I couldn't resist the urge to get the TAB B.A.M. Sticks with Zombie baffles installed on the #LilithChallenger
My garage/gym has a full size crossfit rack installed and bolted to the walls and we don't usually park the Jeep in the garage. My wife has friends over to work out daily so the garage is pretty much a gym and a house for my bike. But, we CAN fit the Jeep in there with a half inch clearance in the front and rear lol. So it's crowded and we have sandbags outside against the garage door. Hunkered down until this storm passes.
As it turns out, you don't need that much space to get the OEM mufflers off and I managed to get the whole job done in about 45 minutes or so. As for the sound, all I can say is that I was surprised and very impressed. There are plenty of sound bytes and examples on the internet but nothing really prepares you for how it sounds live and it's just awesome. Some may say, "Well, you're in your garage" and while that's true, I know what the OEM exhaust sounded like in my garage too. And in this case, the garage is packed - it's not empty and echoing. I gotta say, this is precisely what I hoped I'd be getting from these pipes and I'm ecstatically happy about them.

#37 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start up a build thread to share my progress along the way.
I’m Jason, the artist/owner at Brave Wolf Customs. I recently traded in my 2017 Roadmaster Classic on the new 2020 Challenger and almost immediately got to work on some custom graphics for it. I’ve got a couple sponsors lined up already with more to come.
For now, I’ve got some pics to share with the progress so far:

E71B474F-56C1-487C-A7C3-FE18DEFD8A01.jpeg54DC9478-4FC6-4984-8101-001BB93A6FAF.jpegC7143CD2-8751-4944-B260-351FB86FFCC1.jpeg View attachment 604827
View attachment 604828
View attachment 604829

That’s the tank graphics I designed to kick off the theme I’m going for.
And then I had TAB Performance come on board as our first sponsor. We’re putting the B.A.M. Sticks exhaust with Zombie baffles on the bike, so the artwork I designed for the saddlebags features zombies!
2BDB4E24-A248-4992-9E49-717BFD07465A.jpeg86925836-E21F-4E46-B81F-33F386FB3EB5.jpeg View attachment 604830
View attachment 604831
View attachment 604832
View attachment 604833

Next up, Klockwerks is on board with the build and we’ll be installing their wind shield and handle bars. We’re currently working on fairing art and I’ll share that when we get there!

#LilithChallenger
Where do I get these from???

#38 ·
Hi Jay, do you mean my Lilith tank decals, the Zombie saddlebag decals, or something else? Right now I'm not offering the Lilith or Zombie decals because they're unique to my build, but I may be encouraged to offer a variation of them in the future once I've finished the Lilith Challenger. The rest of my decals that I do offer can be found on my website 🤘

#39 ·
Disregarding the useless, and nonsensical, noise surrounding the artistic choices used on this build, the fact that such decals are potentially available and could be beautifully "done-up" to satiate any owners preference is useful info..

Reactions: PE4CE and Wulf
#40 ·
I did some more artistic work on the #LilithChallenger this weekend. There was a little 2” inch circular spot that was begging for an emblem so I drafted up a Diablo tribute on my iPad and laser cut the design. After some spray paint, some hand painted details, and clear coat, it was ready to install:

#41 ·
Then of course, the horn cover has this excellent shape on it where the 1901 label is that also needs some custom graphics. I decided to work up a design that I could create from multiple layers of single-colored vinyl sheets and I came up with this:

And here’s a mock-up of it on the bike:

The final piece will be a little different. I intend to either airbrush or hand paint some further details onto the graphics and then clear coat them before transferring them to the horn cover.

#46 ·
I love the Diablo emblem. The whole theme is coming out awesome for sure! It's really making me want to pull the trigger on my Thin Blue Line theme for my bike....

Reactions: Wulf
#48 ·
Thank you Sphinx! Do it, pull that trigger! Doing a themed build is a lot of fun: keeps your creative brain running in the background non-stop though. Having great ideas at night when you’re supposed to be falling asleep can get a bit overwhelming hehe

#51 ·
I got a call from Klock Werks yesterday to let me know they were mailing out my Klock Werks Flare™ Windshield! I got the 8” Dark Smoke version - really killer design. The 13” KlipHanger Handlebars for Challenger aren’t currently in stock so I’ll be waiting for those a bit longer. I wanted to share the artwork I created for the fairing:

These are just mock-ups at the moment and could still change some. And of course, they’ll look more realistic and more awesome when the graphics are actually on the bike.

I put the clockwork cogs on the ancient scroll tapestries to tie the brand into the overall theme of the bike. Clockwork machinery is more a technology/science but the idea is that in some ancient fantasy world, the technology would seem to be magic or sorcery. So here, it almost looks like spell scrolls ;)

#52 ·
New updates!

Our Flare windshield from Klock Werks arrived and has been installed. And the fairing graphics I made for it are also installed:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Red

Also, I forgot to share the finished Lilith Horn cover graphic after I got the details hand-painted on it and sealed:
Vehicle Car Emblem

Kuryakyn informed me they will be in touch soon
Custom Dynamics has joined us and will be sending an awesome new headlight and their latest design, a taillight replacement kit for the Challenger that moves the lights to strips across the back of the saddlebags.
I've got some custom highway bars arriving today from TCL Thunder & Lightning Customs (Rick Hartman) - We're working on a Facebook page at the moment.
Alligator Bob is working on our custom seat using exotic Black Horn Back Alligator, beautiful skins, and if you've never seen his work, you owe it to yourself to check it out. It's second to none.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.