Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start up a build thread to share my progress along the way.
I’m Jason, the artist/owner at Brave Wolf Customs. I recently traded in my 2017 Roadmaster Classic on the new 2020 Challenger and almost immediately got to work on some custom graphics for it. I’ve got a couple sponsors lined up already with more to come.
For now, I’ve got some pics to share with the progress so far:

E71B474F-56C1-487C-A7C3-FE18DEFD8A01.jpeg54DC9478-4FC6-4984-8101-001BB93A6FAF.jpegC7143CD2-8751-4944-B260-351FB86FFCC1.jpeg

That’s the tank graphics I designed to kick off the theme I’m going for.
And then I had TAB Performance come on board as our first sponsor. We’re putting the B.A.M. Sticks exhaust with Zombie baffles on the bike, so the artwork I designed for the saddlebags features zombies!
2BDB4E24-A248-4992-9E49-717BFD07465A.jpeg86925836-E21F-4E46-B81F-33F386FB3EB5.jpeg

Next up, Klockwerks is on board with the build and we’ll be installing their wind shield and handle bars. We’re currently working on fairing art and I’ll share that when we get there!

#LilithChallenger

·
Rider
944 Posts
Not my style either, but I can appreciate the time and skill needed to complete such a task. Nice work and wish you the very best in your business.

Reactions: Wulf

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not my style either, but I can appreciate the time and skill needed to complete such a task. Nice work and wish you the very best in your business.
Thank you much!
I like that you guys can appreciate it even when it’s not your style.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very cool looking bike!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not my style either but very nice artwork! I like how the zombies look to be running away from the back of the bike where the loud pipes would be, nice touch if intentional! ....and Red is always good

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not my style either but very nice artwork! I like how the zombies look to be running away from the back of the bike where the loud pipes would be, nice touch if intentional! ....and Red is always good
Thanks RoadmasterD! LOL, that's awesome, no that wasn't my intentions but I like your thinking. My thinking was that the loud "zombie noise" originated from that area so I wanted to put the zombies there, and I had the horde running forward so they'd be moving down the road in the same direction as my bike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I re-visited the Zombie saddlebag designs:
After I created the life-size template of the saddlebag with plastic wrap and shipping tape, I realized that the curvature of the bags aren't too severe and would support a full solid decal to cover the whole side (the original design had a cut-out area to account for the protruding curve design. A solid decal is a better choice because it keeps the color true (there will be a slight difference in the red color between the paint and the decal).

Plastic wrap is easy to stretch over the surface to cover the paint. Then you can use clear packing tape to cover it all and strengthen it to a shell that represents the actual shape and size of the bags. Then using a sharpie marker, I can draw the outline of the bags that my graphics have to fit inside of. Then I scan the template into my PC in true 1/1 size and clean up the lines so that I have a digital art template:

Next, you'll see that the new design adheres to the true shape of the bags.

Similarly, my tank decal design was adjusted after creating the tank template in the same way:

The final version of the Lilith tank decals ended up be larger than originally planned once I was able to see the full amount of space available for the graphics:

All my graphics are on the way so I'll be able to install those soon. Our TAB Performance exhaust was scheduled to be here tomorrow but we'll see how that goes with the "Sally" storm bearing down on us tonight and tomorrow (I'm in Long Beach, MS - in the path of the storm).

·
Rider
944 Posts
I suppose this won't be a popular opinion…

As a Christian, I find the whole presentation, while skillfully executed, totally depressing. The existence of evil in world, is without a doubt, an existential reality. Why I would want to sit my butt on it and ride around proclaiming it is totally beyond me.
It may not be as unpopular as you think, but like others, you could just say it's not my style but the skill of the artist shines through. or something like that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

As a Christian, I find the whole presentation, while skillfully executed, totally depressing. The existence of evil in world, is without a doubt, an existential reality. Why I would want to sit my butt on it and ride around proclaiming it is totally beyond me.
I get it, I’m sure my mom wouldn’t like it either. I’m not a believer but just know I have no intent to offend. For me, it’s just fantasy/science fiction like any movie or video game. For me it’s no different than a WWII pinup, a flaming skull, or even watching the Walking Dead on TV

·
Registered
60 Posts

Do you not like halloween either?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts