Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Waxxer I really like your setup. Almost exactly what I was thinking with mine, I just purchased some led bulbs for turn signals and led headlight from Indian. What kind of viking bags are you running on there? Also do they lock? Much appreciated and great looking bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Waxxer I really like your setup. Almost exactly what I was thinking with mine, I just purchased some led bulbs for turn signals and led headlight from Indian. What kind of viking bags are you running on there? Also do they lock? Much appreciated and great looking bike.
Thanks. I have the Viking Slanted Medium. They don't lock but I have small Master locks on them.

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
I have done a lot of mods on my Scout, some cosmetic , some needed. One really good worth while change was installing the 1920 handlebars. Great improvement over the (pos) tiller style bars IMO. Angle and placement made a big difference in comfort and looks 100% better too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done a lot of mods on my Scout, some cosmetic , some needed. One really good worth while change was installing the 1920 handlebars. Great improvement over the (pos) tiller style bars IMO. Angle and placement made a big difference in comfort and looks 100% better too.
I considered the 1920 handlebars but it looked like the bar end mirrors would be facing each other.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm wanting to black out my exhaust but can't find black heat shields for a 2016. Guess I'll have to try having them ceramic coated. As far as exhaust, I am hoping to find something a little deeper than stock, but not loud. I'm past that age. Heck, the wife claims I'm half deaf as is. Hoping for an Aeromach set, but they've closed shop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm wanting to black out my exhaust but can't find black heat shields for a 2016. Guess I'll have to try having them ceramic coated. As far as exhaust, I am hoping to find something a little deeper than stock, but not loud. I'm past that age. Heck, the wife claims I'm half deaf as is. Hoping for an Aeromach set, but they've closed shop.
The Twin Slash aren’t too loud. I leave for work at 3:30am and no neighbors have complained...and I’ve asked.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@Waxxer69 or anyone else who has an opinion.
firstly, your bike looks outstanding!
Are you completly satisfied with the 60, no regrets 8-12 months later?
(No 2nd guessing should have went for the SCOUT w/ bigger engine?)

I am struggling with the decision quite honestly. The 60 has one attractive price @2k less than its big brother its really what caught my attention.

Then there is the fact big brother might be slightly heavier, makes more stable on highway?, but can also be tuned ect to get even more hp,trq

·
Registered
119 Posts

I am struggling with the decision quite honestly. The 60 has one attractive price @2k less than its big brother its really what caught my attention.

Then there is the fact big brother might be slightly heavier, makes more stable on highway?, but can also be tuned ect to get even more hp,trq
I’ve done long distance trips on my scout sixty. Wasn’t a problem and actually tons of fun. I did miss the sixth gear though, but overall I’m happy with the bike. If you’re financing, check the difference monthly and if it’s only $30-50 more a month, and you can afford that, then go with the regular scout. If I could go back, I’d have gone with the full scout. I just liked the blacked out engine look which is why I went with the sixty. You won’t be lacking on power or fun on either bike though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Thanks Dude!
Honestly, I was looking at getting a Bobber but the wife complained about the price and since I was paying cash the Sixty was much more attractive. Plus, I'm a mechanic and I knew I'd be changing stuff up immediately, and getting a Bobber-ish look would be pretty easy. In fact, I've had people ask if it was a Bobber. On the other hand, If I'd bought the Bobber there's probably little I would have done to it. So, in that regard getting the Sixty was more fun for me because I was able to personalize it.

I've installed a Trask air intake and tuned with DynoJet PCVX, and that made a noticeable difference in power. However, I never had any issues before. I ride 100 to 150 miles on my days off and I have never had any power issues. I did test drive a Scout and the extra gear was nice but it's between 4th and 5th of a Sixty so in my opinion it just made me have to shift one more time to get to 5th. If it was after 5th it would have been more of a decision maker for me.

In the end, I've been extremely happy with my Sixty, with riding and upgrading. I've been happy with my decision and have had no regrets at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts