Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On Sunday the 27th of September, I'm riding solo in The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride with fellow men and women across the globe to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer and men's mental health on behalf of Movember.
Men die on average 6 years earlier than women and for largely preventable reasons. The number of men that are suffering is growing, and we need to do something about that. So, before I press my tweed and polish my boots, I'm asking you to join me in raising funds and awareness for these causes by donating what you can for this meaningful cause and to help the men we love, live happier and healthier lives.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
I hope it's a great day. I used to ride in it for a few years but here in Australia they no longer allow the big Indians. Only the Scout Bobber is considered to fit their requirements of retro or classic.

It was the one day of the year I got to wear my tux. Now I'm in a tee shirt 365 in a row. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it's a great day. I used to ride in it for a few years but here in Australia they no longer allow the big Indians. Only the Scout Bobber is considered to fit their requirements of retro or classic.

It was the one day of the year I got to wear my tux. Now I'm in a tee shirt 365 in a row. :)
I didn't realize they didn't consider the big Indian's as retro or classic. That seems odd.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
It might be an Aussie only rule, but it created a bit of a storm two years ago when they started to refuse to allow Indians to join the ride on the day when they'd already signed up and raised donations. It's also no sport bikes over here. Apparently they hold very strongly to what they consider classic/retro/heritage looking bikes.

·
Bronze member
3,349 Posts
I remember the thread about that... seems to me somebody in charge has or knows someone who has a Scout... because the TS111 bikes at least the Chief and Vintage are definitely more classic looking than the water cooled Scout..

·
Silver member
4,835 Posts
My Vintage would fit right in. Butt me... I'm not distinguished enough for such a ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It might be an Aussie only rule, but it created a bit of a storm two years ago when they started to refuse to allow Indians to join the ride on the day when they'd already signed up and raised donations. It's also no sport bikes over here. Apparently they hold very strongly to what they consider classic/retro/heritage looking bikes.
Well, with the beervirus crap going on everyone is having to do "solo rides". I wanted to try to organized a group around me to go solo together. At that point, we make the rules of who is classic, heritage, old school or whatever.

I think I've seen pretty much everything except crotch rockets in pictures on the net.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lookin good guys. How's the son liking his Royal Enfield 650 twin?
Thanks. The ride was fun and I'm looking forward to him and I joining a larger group to do it next year. He is loving the 650 twin. That bike is so fun, I'm actually thinking of buying one myself to play with. The garage is getting fuller but there are worse problems to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts