Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Berry interesting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The only thing on that bike from Indian is the engine, and its not even the scout engine. Looks cool, but if they are calling it a custom scout, would be cooler if it was more tweaking of the original bike rather than a completely new design.

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
To my eye it looks very much like an old scout. A big a$$ V twin. Check out that front suspension. and it's a hard tail with a tractor seat. That all works for me. I'm not sure I would like it as much with the 2015 Scout motor the radiator just wouldn't look right . But that's just one man's opinion. Also does anyone recognize that awsome head light? Where can I get one for my Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The Schwinn Scout is totally rad; all except the seat looks upholstered by Goodwill Industries. Beach bike chopper.
The RS Scout is just a bunch of ugly machinery cobbled together. No flow, no line, no theme. Doesn't even rate steampunk.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
image.jpg
That bike I posted, to me looks inspired by the 1960's Schwinn "Sting Ray".
It's a Jesse Rooke Custom.. He calls that model "Vegas" he builds a lot of out of the box thinking customs.
Of course the "Vegas" was built before the 2015 scout was even talked about.. The Vegas is powered by a HD Panhead.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am pretty excited to see what the Scout is going to look like once a great shop gets ahold of one. December cannot come soon enough! I wonder how many Scouts on the First Run list are going to be chopped up by shops.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you NickJ for the shout as I cringe in embarrassment. I deleted that photo off Instagram after I erroneously said "scout" but the internet noticed ;-) Here's another write-up on the RSD Track Chief as it's called, which Roland rode in Sturgis and a lucky buyer recently purchased for their private collection.

Bike EXIF

Keep your eyes peeled the week of the NYC Motorcycle Show (December 12-14), especially Media Day on December 11, for a little surprise!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man saw birds and wanted to fly, nothing so far has actually given us their ability. So too with these examples, these customs do not seem to capture the magic that is sweet, simple and unadorned. The scout alludes to the Indian Scouts, representing rider, mount and trail. I just don't see the modern day equivalent rider, ride and road

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well said SaltyDogSam or shall I say sagacious SaltyDogSam. You are hereby bestowed honorary status in the Northeast tribe (that is if it is OK with the rest of the tribe members).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts