Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Corbin seat and backrests from Mike Corbin today at the Lonestar Rally in Galveston. It is AWESOME!!! Quality, beauty, and WOW! Pictures on the Corbin site DO NOT do this beauty justice. I'll have it in a couple of weeks! By the way, Mike Corbin grew up very close to Springfield Mass., had over 20 Indians at one time, and is very impressed with the depth Polaris went to to get the DNA right. The Red Chieftain being used to show the seat on Corbin's site is Mike's personal Chieftain, ordered before Sturgis! I recommend this high quality, beautiful seat!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, post some pics when you can! I have a Corbin on my Shovel, it's quite nice. I have heard the complaints on customer support, just never needed any!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18350 said:
Nice, post some pics when you can! I have a Corbin on my Shovel, it's quite nice. I have heard the complaints on customer support, just never needed any!
I definitely thought of you, Tim. Mike Corbin is doing the tan and talked of it extensively. It will be much better than the Indian seat IMHO and you can get it with two backrests, with color matched piping if you desire, for the cost of the Indian driver backrest and sissy bar! There are some pics up on the Corbin thread over at the Thunder Stroke Forum but I'll try to get some up. Ride safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim, Here are some pictures I took when I bought my seat from Mike Corbin at the Lone Star Bike Rally. The bike I'm on is Mike Corbin's personal Chieftain, ordered before Sturgis. Mike is an 'Indian' guy! Very cool. The fit of the seat on the bike is much cleaner, with a much better fit, than the stock seat. It's mounted on rubber bumpers and fits on the bike very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I chose to go with the painted backrest backs, painted in great matching Indian Red! The stock, or regular backing, is non painted black and costs about 10% less. I thought the Indian Red backs were GORGEOUS but that is a personal choice. Mike Corbin talked quite a bit about his tan leather quality and the options available for it. He can change up stitching, just stictch the edges, etc. He can color match the piping with the bike color, or whatever you choose, including the tan. I was super impressed with the quality of the seat and recommend them highly. I didn't think I would get one until I saw it in person and then WOW! The pictures, which I saw ahead of time, DON'T do it justice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a Corbin Touring on my V~4 Royal Star...... never looked back.

I'm thinking about it.........

f.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm...very nice looking, but still need a luggage rack of some kind, and I am wondering if it will make mounting the tour pack (whenever it gets here) impossible. Things to think about before spending the $$$. Hopefully he will make a solo seat as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ride solo but wanted the rear backrest to enable me to carry a large bag on the passenger seat, and secure it, for long trips. Your concern is a good one though, azinfidel. I don't want a tourpak but some feel Corbin will build one too. I think the Indian tourpak would fit but better to ask.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So guys, not wanting to hijacl the thread, but why do you hear so many reports that they are rock hard and never soften. I like the look of the Corbin, but at a huge ship cost to Australia I need to be sure it will work. Is it perhaps that the Corbin works better for 'bigger' guys ?

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
5769 said:
So guys, not wanting to hijacl the thread, but why do you hear so many reports that they are rock hard and never soften. I like the look of the Corbin, but at a huge ship cost to Australia I need to be sure it will work. Is it perhaps that the Corbin works better for 'bigger' guys ?

Pete
Just speaking for myself, I always thought the Corbin was too hard and found my butt likes the Mustang far better ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
5769 said:

Pete
Seats are very subjective. Don't put too much into how 'hard' a seat is. I have a Corbin. 2 complaints. First, doing anything with them after the sale has been a nightmare. 4+ months to get a seat reworked that was wrong in the first place is too much. Took a complaint to the BBB to get any action (my seat returned to me) out of them.

Second, not real bad, just wish it would have carried the width out farther. I feel it narrows a bit too quickly. Not a bad complaint, just knowing it won't ever go back to them kinda gets me going.

Over all I'm happy with it and it has made a few IBA rides without drama. At the time it was one of two choices and the other company, to their credit, just plain said if the stock seat didn't work well for me, theirs wouldn't either. I had a Hartco on my wing and Venture. Hardest damm seat in the world and the most comfortable. Firm done right is great. Hard is just hard.

YMMV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
10805 said:
Looks great but I would like to see one in the distressed brown.
I noticed on the Corbin site that they say they'll have pictures of the distressed tan/brown on their site next week. Maybe that meant late this week. Mike Corbin talked about the high quality of his tan leather in Galveston. I bet it will be nice! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I call the Corbin seat a 'hard pan ' seat, as it's just that 'hard'..... but having been to Sturgis several times ( no trailing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) riding the 1800 miles in a couple of days..... I'm looking hard at the Corbin once again.

Hers the REAL DEAL K ? in 2003 I was to be on the table getting my prostate removed ( 2.5hrs). Instead, they opened me up and i was quite full of the nasty stuff, that being ( 10.5hrs). The VERY next summer..... I road to Sturgis in severe pain.... and you have no idea the meaning of pain in this text........ bought my Corbin ( I had it ordered waiting for me there) and road home with a smile on my face.... never looked back.

Yes they feel hard, but in the saddle for tank after tank after tanks of fuel.... .pushing the miles.... the LAST thing you want is a pillow riding seat....they roll up under your syatic on the back of your legs........

I guess I shouldn't post like this....cause I'm sure the retorts wil be fruious towards me......

But if ya wanna talk pian in the but..... I'm your guy...... I won't be seeing my 63rd birthday agian either folks...just so you know... buy the Corbin !

f

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's MUSIC to my ears, fraser! Thank you. I can't wait for my seat! I've heard the same from other Corbin likers, one, a good friend who puts on the big miles too. I've also heard the opposite but from folks who sit on them and feel it is too hard.
Glad you're still riding after that episode in 2003! Good on ya'! Ride safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of my FOUR seats is a Corbin Dual Tour. I hate it. My a$$ hurts in 200 miles.
Raven seat (gunfighter style) is good for about 300 miles.
Stock seat is good for around 400 miles.
Victory Solo (Saddleman) is good for 600.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey..... ?

just a thought came to me now....... please have your guns on 'safe' K ?

perhaps... just perhaps...... the Corbin only really works for skinny guys.. or at least guys who no longer have any ass ? :)

just a thought now.....

BUT....... lets really test the metal here : Those who have Corbins or have had Corbins and LIKED them..... do you have a skinny ass ? (and if your not sure...ask the women in your life for a very real answer) :) LOLOLOLO

Now... let's us hear from the 'large' ass'es out there hahahahaha do you like corbin or not.

I think we could have the start of a real scientific engagement here folks :)

OH OH..... did I hear the sound of a 'click' ? LOLOLOLOoo and then some.

I'm not 1/2crazy... I'm pretty much F%$*ED ! (can I post that here ? )

f

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not so crazy Fraser....that's why I asked the question... Most happy Corbin riders I know are 'big boned' in the rear section :)

I was just wondering if Corbin works best for 'big' :)

Pete

1 - 20 of 51 Posts