Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures here of the Challenger stripped down: Harley-Davidson Killer S&S Indian Challenger Begins Testing

Now I love the way the Challenger rides! But stripped down, it reminds me of one of those small, furry dogs with it's hair groomed short on its body but the hair around its face still very long. The fairing...

·
Bronze member
3,561 Posts
The picture shown above of that stripped down Challenger is fugly and I mean "FUGLY" and would turn just about anyone off,atleast it does me.:mad: If I was the guy that designed the original version of the challenger,I would be steaming and highly INSULTED. It looks like one of those bikes the clowns ride in the circus!! But then again,maybe Indian wants to get a laugh out of everyone and that version of the Challenger should just about do it!!But that's just my opinion,and whada I know!!!

·
Registered
99 chief , 18 roadmaster, 07 roadking, 15 softail
80 Posts
Are all challengers chain drive or just this race bike? I think it probably looks better if they removed the fairing as well.

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
This particular Challenger is for the upcoming King of the Baggers race in October at Laguna Seca. It's a purpose built racer on it's initial testing runs, not a beauty pageant queen. 2 Indian bikes versus about 12 Harley's. Roland Sand has the other Indian, not sure but I'll bet it's a Challenger as well. I would imagine that bags of some sort will be re-installed and maybe some other body panels on this one.

·
Bronze member
2,101 Posts
Another HD killer? Who knew?

Reactions: gearhead4207

·
Bronze member
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
According to the internet article, these are all going to be modified baggers on a road race circuit. The bags will be re-installed for the race but will sit a little higher than stock for max lean angle. Pro riders on a closed course on modified baggers. Yeah I think the Challengers are going to have a real good time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
WaterWetter is one commercial substitute for racing.Believe it has corrosion inhibitors in it to protect internal parts.Pressurized cooling system prevents boiling.Main reason no AF is it is slicker than oil on pavement and harder to clean up after a spill.Water evaporates quickly when dumped and doesn't endanger competitors like a slick track would.

·
178 Posts
They could have atleast made it just a tad more presentable instead of looking like what's left of some abortion!!
Tell us how you really feel...............hahahaha. I too, wish that Challenger was a better looking motorycle. I've ridden one; the performance is great, much better than my Chieftain. I just couldn't get past that ugly ass fairing.....................
Can't wait to see Harley get beat by this beauty queen...

·
Registered
418 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts